➵ A Ship Talks

Oceans - Coldplay

"Okay, the Argo II is finished and ready to fly. All on board!" Leo hollered with a lopsided grin. He ran his hands through his messy hair before he rubbed his hands together. He let out a groan when he noticed three out of the seven from the prophecy stand back with hesitation. "Aw, c'mon guys! Festus won't bite!" The sounds of gears whirring soon followed, making Leo grin even bigger. He threw his arms out above him. "See? Morse code from Festus himself."

"That's not what we are afraid of man. Once we get on this ship, the prophecy starts for real. We actually are going to go to Camp Jupiter to get Percy and the two other demigods before we go fight Gaea." Jason stated, adjusting his backpack. Piper looked up at him, biting her lip. "Plus, we don't know how the Roman demigods will react to a flying warship coming into New Rome."

"That's why we will send them a message to not blow us up. Easy peasy." Leo waved his hand, dismissing the problem.

"Okay." Annabeth hesitantly sighed out. "Let's go. I have a few choice words for the Seaweed Brain himself for leaving on that quest after I said to stay put."

"Oh, Annabeth." I laughed out, walking up to her and lightly slapping her shoulder. "You should know Percy by now. It's cute that you still have hope he listens."

"Oh hush, Nevah." Annabeth chuckled out. "You're the same way."

"What can I say? It runs in our blood." I shrugged with a cheeky grin. "Hey, once you get to Percy, give him a nice judo flip for me."

"Sure thing." Annabeth winked. She gave me a quick hug. "Now don't go causing trouble. I already have your brother to keep an eye on."

"Pft! Me? Trouble? That's completely absurd!" I waved that crazy idea away. All I got in return was an eye roll and a 'yeah right' from Annabeth. "I promise I won't go with you guys."

"Yeah, and I was born yesterday." Jason and Piper waved at me as they walked past Annabeth and I. They chuckled at Annabeth's comment.

"Lying isn't nice, Nevah." Piper yelled out.

"I mean it! I won't." I tried to defend myself.

"Heard that one before. Many times actually...from you." Annabeth called over her shoulder as she walked towards the Argo II.

"Come on Cupcakes! Let's get this show on the road. This bat ain't going to beat up the bad guys all by itself!" Coach Hedge called out as he stormed passed me.

"You heard the man. Let's go!" Leo exclaimed, starting the Argo II for lift off. Rachel walked up to me, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Be careful, young heroes. May the gods and our prayers be with you all." Chiron spoke behind me. Once they were all on board, the ship started to fly upwards. Coach Hedge, Annabeth, Piper, Jason and Leo all waved. Festus even whirred and clicked in Morse code. All the demigods, including Rachel, Chiron and myself, waved back as we all yelled out 'good lucks' and a 'kick Gaea's dirty κώλο (which means ass in Greek, thank you Google translate)' by the Stoll brothers.

After, I couldn't see the flying ship anymore, I sighed. The campers were slowly leaving the beach and started to head back towards their cabins. Night was creeping up and that only left me with so little time to get everything ready.

"Come on Nev, let's get going. The harpies look extra hungry today. I don't want to welcome Percy back with a 'Hey! You're alive, but guess what? Your sister isn't because she didn't listen to me to go to her cabin and ended up being eaten by harpies'. That doesn't sound too good, does it?" Rachel said.

"I mean, it won't be the best news." I shrugged, walking towards the stables.

"Where are you going?" Rachel asked, perking an eyebrow.

"The stables, where else?"

"You're supposed to be heading to your cabin."

"But I need to check up on Angel Lili. You know how her and Blackjack are like two peas in a pod. Best friends. Amigos. The peanut butter to the jelly. Ketchup and fries. Han Solo and Chewbacca." I smirked, knowing very well that Rachel hasn't seen Star Wars yet. No matter how hard I try to make her watch it.

"Okay, okay. I get it. No need to bring Star Wars into this. Jeesh. I get it, I need to watch it." Rachel said. She sighed and then nodded. "Okay, go check up on your pegasus. Just don't get eaten."

"Love you too, Rache!" She rolled her eyes at me before she spun around and headed to her decked out cave she calls home here at camp. Once she was out of my eyesight, I ran towards the stables. By now, the sun has set and the stars were slowly appearing. Quietly stepping foot inside the stables, I went to where we kept the horse food and supplies. As usual, the horses welcomed me with 'my lady' and 'my highness' before they went to gossip about the Prophecy of the Seven.

I remember the first time a horse had talked to me when I arrived at Camp Half Blood. I was 12 while Percy was 13. He was showing me around camp along with our half-brother, Tyson, after the two had gotten back from a quest to get the Golden Fleece for Thalia's Tree. To say the pegasi love to gossip, is an understatement. I learned more things from the pegasi than the campers.

Sending a small smile to the horses, I opened up the wooden crate and pulled out my backpack. Slinging it over my shoulder, I went over to Angel Lili.

Do you have any sugar cubes or donuts? Angel Lili asked excitedly. You could barely see her white and brown fur coat under the limited light that the stable held.

"Not on me at the moment, but once we get out of here without getting caught, we'll stop in a town and get some." I slowly unlatched the lock of the door to keep the noise a minimum. Angel Lili trotted out quietly, stopping only for a brief second for me to get on top of her. Once I was, she quietly walked out of the stables. I gripped Angel Lili's mane once she started to fly. We were now over the water, the moonlight illuminating it. I looked over my shoulder to view Camp Half Blood. All of the lights were off, giving the camp an eerie look. I took a deep breathe in. "Okay, let's go to San Francisco, California."

**Hope you like it! Sorry that it's kinda short, didn't want to make it too long

Question of the Day:

What is your favorite pass time?

Mine - reading, listening to music and writing.

Vote, Comment, and add this story to your library please!