➵ Thumper and James Bond

Riptide - Vance Joy

I sat in the back of the jeep with Liam. My forehead was pressed against the window behind the driver's seat. I was hugging my backpack for comfort. I'm with complete strangers in a car going who knows where. Why did I agree to go with them again? Oh yeah, Angel Lili wanted her donuts. The things I do for her.

"Where are we going?" I sighed anxiously. I was thumping my leg from the nerves. I was practically Thumper from Bambi.

"We're picking somebody up." Stiles said casually. I squinted at the back of his head while sassily shaking my head.

"Oh, because that is very informative to me!" I called out, wrinkling my nose.

"Hey! We're taking you to go get your donuts. Be more appreciative, okay?" Stiles sassed. Scott and Liam were trying to hold in their laughs at out bickering. However, Liam couldn't hold it any longer.

"Oh! This is going to be a fun ride to the hospital." Liam laughed out. He looked over at me with a grin. His blue eyes twinkling. "I like you-wait. You never told us your name?"

"And I ain't going to." I replied, hugging my backpack tighter. I wonder how Angel Lili is doing. Has she gone making a scene? She can be very dramatic when she doesn't get attention.

"Aww, come on! We totally saved your life back there." Liam boasted. I scoffed.

"From Stiles' reckless driving?" Scott snickered at my comment as Stiles protested.

"I am not a reckless driver!"

"If you weren't, we wouldn't be in this situation right now would we?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. Stiles grumbled under his breath. I smiled knowing I won the argument.

"Okay, but really. What's your name?" Scott asked. "You know ours."

"Ugh, fine." I rolled my eyes. "The name is Vis, Nevah Vis."

"Did you have to go all James Bond?" Stiles dryly said.

"Yes, yes I did. Makes me seem more cooler than I already am." I grinned.

"Yeah right." Liam chuckled. "But that's a cool name. Never heard of it."

"I'm one of a kind, kid." I winked. Liam rolled his eyes at me mumbling about how he was two years younger. Well... okay then. "But seriously, where are we going?"

"We're already here." Stiles grinned, turning a corner and honking. He pulled to a stop a little past a teenage girl and her father, for what I assume. Stiles parked the jeep and rolled down his window. He stuck out his head, leaning out the window. "Sorry we're late." The girl smiled and jogged over to Stiles. "Hey."

They kissed and I had to stop myself from making fake barfing sounds. It's a habit that I did around Percy and Annabeth, which eventually led to doing the same to Jason and Piper. To say that they got annoyed is an understatement. Percy once chased me around camp yelling profanities in Ancient Greek for an hour. Stiles let out a moan, causing my nose to crinkle up in disgust. Liam tapped my shoulder and grinned, pointing to the obvious couple.

"Watch this." He mouthed at me. When Stiles and his girlfriend pulled apart from each other, Liam stuck his head next to Stiles. A lopsided grin playing on his lips. "I'm sorry too."

Scott looked at Liam with wide eyes. His mouth going into a shape of an 'o'. The father looked at Stiles with a stern look. I bit my lip to stop my laughter, only a chuckle slipping through.

"You boys do remember I own a gun, right?" The father stated sternly.

"Vividly." Stiles nodded. The man started to back away, a smirk growing on his face. He winked at his daughter before walking off. Stiles' girlfriend soon got into the car, making me sit in the middle seat. I grumbled and crossed my arms across my chest. My backpack now on top of my feet. Liam plugged his earphones into his ears.