➵ Calamity

Oh, Calamity - All Time Low

The bell rang and I walked out of class with my backpack on my shoulders. Stiles and I came back to school once our free period was over. I was walking towards my locker when I saw Malia gloomily walking. She seemed sad. Disappointed. Her eyes were watery and she was looking at the ground.

"Are you okay?" I asked, forgetting about my locker and walked up in front of her. She looked up at me.

"Malia?" I heard Stiles say behind me. He walked up next to me and held Malia's hands in his. "Hey. Hey, what happened?"

"I hate losing like this." Malia softly said. Tears were forming in her eyes. "I'm not like Scott. I can't deal with another body. Another failure."

Malia walked passed us, a tear rolling down her cheek. I adjusted my backpack and looked up at Stiles. He only stared at Malia, his eyes getting glassy.

"Lydia, for the love of God, answer your phone." Stiles spoke into his cell phone urgently. We were walking down the stairs of the school, skipping the last class of the day. "There's another dead Chimera. So right now is probably not a great time to be alone with Parrish. If he's coming to get the body, you can't get in his way. Lydia, do not get in his way."

Stiles hung up the phone grumbling curses. He shoved the phone into his pocket. I licked my lips.

"She's most likely with him, isn't she?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Most likely." Stiles pushed open the door of the school and we walked towards the parking lot to his jeep. His phone dinged. Stiles sighed and took out his phone, reading the text message. "Come on, we've got to go meet up with Scott."

I entered the jeep, closing the door behind me. Setting my bag in the backseat, I heard the jeep sputter. Stiles let out a groan, muttering to himself. He turned the key again. More sputtering.

"Can you turn the ignition when I tell you too?" Stiles asked, opening his door. I rapidly nodded my head, a grin growing on my lips.

"I get to actually start the car!" I squealed. Stiles rolled his eyes and walked out, heading to the hood. I slide over to the driver's seat, getting myself comfortable. "This is so cool."

"Turn it!" Stiles' muffled voice said. I turn the key and the engine let out a groan of protest. "Damn it."

"Hey, Stiles?" I popped my head out. He quickly glanced up at me before focusing back on the engine.

"Yeah?" Clicks and gears filled the silence.

"When my brother and my friends are done with their quest...I can ask Leo to come fix your jeep for you." I offered. "He's a son of Hephaestus and a really great mechanic. He could fix your jeep with no trouble. Maybe even modify it."

"Really?" Stiles looked up at me. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah."

"Alright, yeah. That would be cool. If he is up for it that is." Stiles smiled.

"He most likely will. He loves fixing things." Stiles back away from the jeep and nodded at me.

"Try it again." I turned the ignition again and the jeep started.

"Hey, sorry I had trouble starting the jeep again." Stiles closed the door. I followed, seeing Scott waiting for the both of us. It was pouring and Stiles and Scott were drenched. "That thing's barely hanging on. I couldn't get in touch with Malia or Lydia."