➵ The Dread Doctors' Possessions

Sacrifice - Zella Day

"We're betting our lives on these?" Malia asked, holding a black radio. Parrish, Lydia, Malia and I were outside the school. Parrish's trunk to his car was open. In the back, there were more radios from the Police Station.

"I think we're betting Hayden's life on them." Lydia said, her hands shoved in her jacket's pockets.

"Yeah, well, I'm glad I brought my gun." Parrish said, grabbing a radio. He handed Lydia and I a radio before he closed the trunk door. With the radios in our hands, we walked toward the school entrance.

"Remind me again on why we left Stiles alone with Theo? And why I couldn't go with?" I questioned, a frown on my lips.

"Because Theo volunteered to help Stiles." Malia huffed as she held open the door for the rest of us.

"And because we need your help here." Parrish added.

"I still don't trust that guy. How are we supposed to help Stiles if Theo pulls something? Or if something else goes wrong?" I rambled on. We walked through the school hallways with the moonlight being our only source of light.

"Stiles will be fine, Nevah." Lydia sent me a knowing look with a hint of a smirk. What was the smirk for? Wait, why was it directed at me for? "He can protect himself."

"Uh with what? His mighty bat?" I sassily replied. They stopped and turned to face me with confusion.

"How did you know about his bat?" Malia tilted her head. "He barely told me about it."

"I asked him how he survived this long for being human. He told me he had a bat." I shrugged. I sent them a grin and walked past them and into the locker room that Scott, Liam and Hayden were in.

"Don't worry, you learn to control it." Liam told Hayden. She was leaning against the sink in the locker room, staring at her own reflection in the mirror above it. I was sitting a couple a feet away from them, now wishing that I was with Scott and Lydia or Malia. These two were starting to show their feelings for one another. It was about time.

"I'm not like you." Hayden responded. "I wasn't bitten by a wolf. I was...somebody's science experiment. This is so bizarre."

"I know, but you're gonna be okay. I promise." Liam reassured her. I smirked. He really does like her, huh?

"What am I?" Hayden whispered, still staring at her reflection. She pursed her lips together.

"You're Hayden." Liam said. Hayden smiled, looking at him through the mirror. Oh, I am so going to ruin their moment.

"A Chimera." Liam shot me a glare. I sent him a cheeky grin in reply.

"By the way," A smiling Hayden said as she turned around to face Liam. "If you get me out of this, I'll forget all about the sixth grade."

I pushed myself off of the ground, giving the two lovebirds space. I saw Lydia walking up behind Scott, so I followed her.

"Scott?" Lydia nervously played with her hands. "I was just thinking since we can't use our phones, we can't check in on Stiles and Theo."

"I didn't even think about that." Scott breathed out.

"Me either." Lydia replied.

"Uh, I did...sorta. But I definitely thought of that. This is why I told you guys to let me go with them, but no," I dragged out the 'o'. I crossed my arms and stared between the two. "You guys needed me here."