➵ Like The Raging Seas

Monster - Paramore

I groaned, blinking my eyes open. My head was killing me. Squinting from the light, I raised my hand to block it but it was held back painfully. Furrowing my eyebrows, I glanced down to see the familiar spiked poles wrapped around my wrist. I glared at the shackles.

"Are you freaking kidding me!? Theo! Get your Chimera ass down here!" I spat out. A chuckle escaped from someone sitting beside me. I looked at him quizzically. He didn't have shackles or anything. "And you are?"

"Deucalion. I believe Scott has told you about me, yes?" Deucalion said, looking at me with his milky eyes. Ah, yes, the Alpha who is secretly on our side.

"Yeah, he's said a lot about you." I nodded. Deucalion smiled, turning his head staring towards the opposite wall. I took this time to look around. I've never been here before. Where did Theo take me?

"Good things I hope."

"Sure, very lovely things. From Scott. However, Stiles loves to mention the murdering maniac side of yours too." I perked an eyebrow at him. The Alpha shrugged in response. "Let me guess, it was just a phase?"

"You're quite the sarcastic one, aren't you?" Deucalion tilted his head.

"And sassy, don't forget sassy." I tried to point my finger at him. I hissed in pain as the spikes dug into my skin. Forgot about that. "Sassiness runs in my blood."

"Hmm...demigod?" Deucalion sniffed the air. "A daughter of the sea god, correct? Roman or Greek?"

"Greek...do we honestly smell that bad?" I asked, forming a double chin as I looked at my body. Deucalion laughed and shook his head.

"Oh no, you just have a very distinctive scent. It's usually has to do with what your godly parent is and then the overwhelming smell of a demigod."

"What does demigod smell like?" I questioned.

"Surprisingly like along the lines of dirt. The smell of wet dirt to be precise. Of course, it has another unique smell along with it." I groaned and threw my head back against the wall at Deucalion's comment. "What? Don't like the smell?"

"Oh, I used to love that smell. It's just that happens to be my great grandmother who just tried to take over the world." A loud scream stopped me from continuing my explanation. I looked over at Deucalion who wore a smirk. "What? What's going on?"

"Theo is killing that Tracy girl." My eyes widened. Theo is killing Tracy? But she's his most loyal Chimera from his pack. Why would he kill her? "He's taking her power."

"Oh...umm, that explains a lot I guess." I mumbled out. Deucalion stood up. unwinding his folded up cane. "Where are you going?"

"That's my queue to go talk to Theo." Deucalion said. He grabbed a hold of my chains that were connected to the spiked shackles. Yanking upward, the chain broke free from the ground. I looked up at him in question. "Theo will most likely want you there with me. He doesn't trust you alone."

"Yeah, that's smart of him." I mumbled, pushing myself up. Deucalion held out his arm for me. Nervously licking my lips, I hooked my arm around his. Taking a deep breath in, I bit the inside of my cheek. "Okay, let's do this."

We walked into another room, Deucalion using his walking stick to guide him along with my help. I saw Theo grunting in pain with Tracy straddling his lap. What the heck? Theo leaned to the side, pushing Tracy off of him. Wait, Tracy isn't moving. She's dead. Theo actually killed Tracy. And here I thought they had something going on. We stopped above Theo as he leaned against the wall of the stairs. He panted, looking up at the two of us.