➵ Anxiety + Paranoid

Paranoid - Jonas Brothers

"Scott, listen to me!" I threw my hands up. "How did Theo know about that house? Thalia only found it because it was near the other entrance she had used."

"Nevah, that's not a good enough reason. Corey told him about the house." Scott sighed, rubbing his face in his hands.

"No, Corey told Theo that there was a house, not where it was! There's a difference." I rolled my tongue over my teeth, dreading to say my accusation. Scott isn't going to like it nor will he listen to it. "Scott, Theo has to be working work with them. He has too. How else could he stumble upon that one old house in the middle of nowhere?"

"Like you said earlier, you friend found it. What's the difference between Theo and your friends?" Scott asked.

"Phoebe is one of the best trackers I have ever known. She's Artemis', the Greek goddess ever heard of her? The goddess of the hunt. That includes tracking by the way." I sassily placed my hands on my hips. "She's Artemis' best tracker when they hunt. That's saying something and Thalia is a Hunter as well. They are trained for this. Theo isn't. You and Malia weren't even able to track us. How could Theo a lone wolf, who by the way you are slowly letting into the pack, can track us? That doesn't make any sense. Not to mention, ever since he got into Beacon Hills things have been down spiraling."

"You also came in the same day too, Nevah." Scott shot back. A pang of hurt washed over me. I took a step back, looking up at him hurt. Is he trying to say that I caused all of this? That this is my fault? "Wait, Nevah...I didn't mean that."

"Fine. Don't believe me Scott. But know this. Things are getting out of control and Theo is somehow involved." I narrowed my eyes at him. He sighed in frustration. I walked past him, making sure to bump my shoulder into his arm.

It's been five days since Liam, Hayden and I have escaped from the Dread Doctors. It has been five days since we last seen the Dread Doctors or a Chimera. It's been five days since Kira left. It has been five days since I told Scott about my assumption of Theo working with the Dread Doctors. It's been five days since he has spoken to me about it.

I was currently in the woods with Lydia and Stiles, looking for the Nemeton. Lydia has been leaving white x's on the trees to mark where we have looked. So far, nothing. Stiles threw his hands up in frustration.

"It's almost like this thing doesn't want to be found." He paced towards a tree, looking at it.

"Maybe it knows we're late for class." Lydia tilted her head to the side.

"Maybe it's trying to keep us from class. Ever thought of that?" I waved my finger at her. She rolled her eyes. "Why do you think that any ways?"

"Because we've been here twice." Lydia stared at a tree, slightly waving the white piece of chalk in her hand. I turned around and saw a line with two vertical lines cutting through it, roughly making two x's on the tree trunk.

"Well Styx." I grumbled.

"Crap." Stiles touched the bark of the tree, staring at the two x's.

"Can we talk to Parrish now?" Lydia blinked and turned to face Stiles.

"Hang on." Stiles held up a finger. "If the Nemeton's covered in bodies, shouldn't you be able to find them?"

"Me?" Lydia asked.

"Ah yes, your Banshee-ness." I nodded my head, pursing my lips together.

"Yes, you." Stiles waved his hands at Lydia, trying to make a point. "That's what you do. You're the Banshee, you find the bodies."