➵ Liam Squeals Like a Girl

Hold Back the River - James Bay

I turned a corner inside of the hospital. Scott wanted me to look for Liam and his mother, Melissa McCall, while he went to go pick up Kira from a traffic jam. Stiles and Malia had to go to something called Senior Scribe to go meet up with their other friend Lydia. Honestly, that sounds like vandalism and I wanted in. However, I was waved away because I was a year younger than the three and wasn't a senior. Let's just say I went away with a few choice words in Ancient Greek.

Scott told me to ask his mom if I could stay with them up until my quest finished. From what I could gather, Melissa is a current nurse here in the hospital. I was asking around the hospital to see if they knew where she was. Minutes has passed and I was going nowhere. Nobody seemed to know where she was. I sighed dramatically and stomped over to the front desk again. Maybe they can call her in or something. Loud footsteps echoed through the hallway to my right. Curiously halting in my steps, I turned around to be face to face with Liam.

"Holy!" Liam stumbled to a stop, almost knocking into me. "Nevah? What are you doing here? Did you find your donuts?"

"Uh," I laughed out nervously, rubbing the back of my neck. "That's a funny story actually. You see, erm-"

"Can we talk about this another time?" Liam rushed, his eyes glancing at the glass doors. It started to pour around the time I walked into hospital. The sound of the heavy rain echoed through out the halls every time somebody opened the doors. "I need to get to Scott."

"He went to go pick up Kira. Why? What's wrong?" I asked, taking in his body language, which was a habit I picked up from Annabeth. His hands were twitching by his sides. He was tapping one of his feet anxiously. I'm guessing it's something bad. "Is he in trouble? I can take you to the Senior Scribe thing. Let me come help you."

"Wait-" Liam started.

"We have no time for that. If Scott's in trouble, then let's go. I'll explain everything on the way over there." I said. Liam hesitated and then walked out through the front of the hospital. I quickly followed, making a small whistle noise to inform Angel Lili. Before I came inside the hospital, I told her to wait for me on the hospital roof top. Who knows if this town has any more people who can see through the Mist.

"Gah!" Liam cried out, clutching his ears. He looked at me with wide eyes. "Why did you have to whistle like that!?"

A whoosh was heard behind us followed by the sounds of hooves. I grinned and pointed at Angel Lili. She walked up to me, nudging her nose against my hand. Liam just stared, only blinking to get the rain out of his eyes.

"Come on, we've got to go help Scott." I mounted onto Angel Lili, clutching her mane. Liam scrunched up his nose.

"How is a horse going to get us to Scott?"

"By flying." Angel Lili spread out her wings, making them more noticeable. Curse words flew out of Liam's mouth as he stumbled backwards. "Now are you coming or not? This is faster than running at werewolf speed."

"How'd you know that I'm a werewolf?" He questioned.

"I'll explain on the way. Now jump on and hold on tight, this is going to be fast."

"Fine." Liam grumbled, getting on behind me. He looked up at me with puppy eyes. "Do I just wrap my arms around you or?"

"You're adorable." I laughed. "Yeah, just wrap them around my waist."

"Okay." He blushed. Liam gently wrapped his arms around my waist. "This isn't weird to you? This is weird for me."

"Nah, I'm used to this." I dismissed. Angel Lili started to flap her wings. She ran forward, soon building enough speed to go airborne. Liam shrieked, holding my waist tighter. I laughed. "Just tell me where to go, and we'll be there in seconds."