Chapter - 25

Hello everyone! =)

Sorry it took me so long, Honestly, I thought I was on a roll...But apparently I rolled right into Writers block. Hehe, But the good news is.. I finally finished part 25. Yay for me! Hehe...And when I get home I plan to start part 26.. But I work the next 6 days straight.. So I won't have much time to write this week.. but I'll try and squeeze it in somewhere.

Anyways.. I hope you enjoy this chapter, thanks for all the commments and votes and becoming my fan... I love you all!

And please.. Continue to Comment and Vote. hehe

XoxoX

Krissy

Now...Presenting, PART 25!

Chapter 25

Three weeks later...

*Damen's P.O.V Continues*

~

I looked over at the form of a person lying on the hospital bed. I stood up off the hard chair as I walked over to her but as I looked down my eyes went wide. It was Stasee, but she was old. Her hair was white and her face was wrinkled; she was still as beautiful as ever but she looked nearly ninety years old. I turned around to look in the mirror behind me; I reached up to my face as the mirrors reflection mimicked my every move.

My hair was completely white as my face slightly drooped down from years of gravity and I looked nearly dead. I coughed as I turned to look back down at the sleeping women on the bed.

A doctor walked into the hospital room; a doctor I had never seen before.

"Damen, we need to talk." The doctor said softly as he looked down at Stasee then back up at me.

"...About what?" I asked fearfully; knowing exactly what he wanted to talk about.

"It's been 75 years Damen; she has no family left anymore...We need your permission to pull the plug."

"No, no...She's going to wake up, she has too."

"Damen..." The doctor shook his head as he glanced down at the old lady who looked so similar to Stasee and yet so different. "She is nearly 92 years old...Even if she were to wake up, her heart is already beginning to fail her; she won't be strong enough to pull through."

"No, no...She'll wake up...She'll be fine. No, no, no." My voice echoed in my ears as everything began to fade away.

~

"Damen...Damen, wake up."

I sprang forward as my eyes flung open; my heart was pounding inside my chest and my body was drenched in sweat. I looked around the white room as my eyes fell on Stasee's motionless body. She looked the exact same as she looked last night, the night before and even three weeks ago. Her eyes were closed shut as her chest continued to grow before sinking with each shallow breath. Her hair was its regular deep brown color as it outlined her perfect face. I sighed with relief as I realized it had only been a dream.

I shuffled around on the hard chair that I had been sleeping on. My legs felt stiff and sore from the awkward sleeping position I was beginning to grow use to it. For the past three weeks I had been sleeping on that exact chair every second night.

"Karis is on her way over here...She was wondering if you wanted some coffee."

I finally looked up to where the voice was coming from. My eyes locked with my younger brother's as I quickly turned to look at the clock. It read eight thirty in the morning which meant I had only gotten at the most two hours of sleep last night. I groaned loudly as I rested my head on Stasee's bed. I couldn't be mad at Brandon for waking me up because even if he hadn't, my bad dream surely would have.