Chapter 13

Chapter 13
~Jaelyn's Point Of View~

When I looked at myself in the mirror you could tell that I had been crying. My eyes were puffy and my lips were cracked. Snot was on the verge of pouring out of my nose. My hair was in a ratty bun and mascara smeared my cheeks.

I had cried myself to sleep last night after I had talked to Jesse. I was overwhelmed with so many emotions that I didn't know what to do with myself.

I quickly washed my face and combed out my hair. After I was done, I went back into my bedroom to change into some workout clothes. I didn't want to train with Jesse for a bit; so I had asked Joey if he would help me. The fight with Mae was going to start soon.

If I was going to fight her I would have to enter the female boxing tournament and beat her in the championship. The first round of the tournament-the knockout rounds-would be in a couple of weeks.

Sometimes I worked at the gym during the tournaments and they looked intense and painful. All I really knew was that in the knockout rounds, you had to knockout your opponent or someone would have to tap out.

For me, tapping out wasn't an option. I needed to go to the championship and beat Mae. I grabbed my phone and texted Joey telling him to meet me at the gym. We were probably only going to workout for an hour or two because I would have to work at Powerhouse after.
**

Joey and Mikey were already getting started on the workout when I met them at the gym. They were each punching a punching bag.

"Thanks for waiting,"

"C'mon Kitten, you're late." Joey said as he sent powerful punches to the bag.

I hurried over to the boys and quickly taped my hands. This was the first time I haven't had someone tape them for me. Jesse would normally tape them. It felt weird not having him here.

I don't even know why I'm so effected by what he did. We only kissed once and he laid with me in bed a couple of times. We never were a thing. I'm just acting like some crazy freak.

After I finished my workout with Joey and Mikey, I headed to the showers. I let the hot water soothe my aching muscles. I let the water turn my skin red and burn from every droplet of water that hit my body.

After I finished showering, I changed into a pair of ripped jeans and a shirt that said Powerhouse Fitness. I put my short blonde hair into two French braids.

I shoved my bag into an empty locker and headed to the front desk to start my shift. As soon as I sat down, one of the male trainers in the gym came up to me.

"Hey, Jaelyn I heard Mae talking about you and her fighting in the tournament. Do you need any help training?" I was pretty sure his name was Steve. I rarely talked to him so I thought it was weird that he was offering to help me.

"Oh, thanks for the offer, but I have a couple of friends helping me. What was she saying?" I asked as I spun a pen around my fingers.

"She was bragging to her groupies about how she was going to destroy you." Steve said causally.

I was about to say something until I saw Jesse coming up to the desk to sign in. My eyes followed his every movement. Jesse looked like a hot mess. His hair was flattened down to his head and he had bags under his stormy eyes. His shirt had stains and holes in it and his shorts looked filthy.

He came up to the counter to sign in and he motioned to the pen in my hand. "Can I?"

I handed the pen to him slowly. My eyes were probably bulging out of their sockets and my jaw was most likely to the floor.

Jesse signed his name on the paper and wrote what time he came in. He handed me back the pen, brushing his fingers against mine.

"Jaelyn can I talk to you? It's about my membership." Jesse asked, glancing at Steve. I couldn't refuse to talk to him because Steve was watching my interaction with Jesse.

I gritted my teeth. "Sure,"

"Could we maybe talk in the break room. I don't want the whole gym to hear."

I nodded slowly and looked at Steve. "Sorry, he needs help. Thanks for the offer though."

"No problem. Hope you win." Steve smiled and then walked back over to the treadmills.

I went into the break room with Jesse following behind me. I sat down on a table and watched Jesse shut the door.
He looked at me sadly. "Jae, I'm sorry. Please, you don't have to forgive me but at least let me train you for the tournament. It's starting in a couple of weeks."

"Joey and Mikey are helping me."

"Mikey's back?" Jesse asked, quirking an eyebrow.

I nodded, I was angry that Jesse came while I was working to beg for forgiveness. But, yet, at the same time I was touched that he came.

"Babe, please. I'm trying to apologize. I wish I never did what I did. You drive me insane. I'm not expecting you to forgive me anytime soon but you at least have to let me train you. Me not training you could cost you the tournament."

"Fine, you can train me. But you've already got your first strike with me. Three strikes and then you're out." I whispered, referring to the strikes he had done to me when we first started training.