Chapter 14

Chapter 14
~Jesse's point of view~

Whenever I looked at Jaelyn I got so angry with myself. Just seeing the way she looked at me made me want to punch a hole into the wall. I wasn't mad at her; how could I blame her?

I fucked up and it was entirely my fault. Yet, here she was letting me train her. I just wanted to hold her and let her know how fucking sorry I was. I knew better than to try and hug her. Letting me train her to kick Mae's ass was hard enough for her. It's been a week since she's agreed to let me and I only have one strike with Jaelyn-so far.

I watched her aggressively hit the punching bag. You could tell that she was furious at someone and that someone was me. "Nice, you're getting so much better. Alright take both of those twenty-fives and I want you to walk the flight of stairs that leads to storage."

Jaelyn looked at me like I was insane, but she then just nodded submissively and grabbed the weights. We walked over to the long flight of stairs and Jaelyn started going up and down the flight of stairs with the weights.

"Up and down is one. Do it ten times. We'll do three sets of it but you'll get a ten second break in between each set." I said as I watched Jaelyn go up the stairs again.

You could tell that she was in pain but she was trying to hide it. Her face was a bright hue of red and sweat dropped off of her face. I knew she was hurting bad but she kept going and her pace didn't falter.

After she did the three sets, I had her go outside and run a mile. The mile couldn't be any longer than seven minutes or I'd make her do the mile again.

Jaelyn probably thought her workouts were odd but they'd benefit her tremendously. The stairs would help her leg muscles, while the mile would keep her in shape to fight in the ring all day.

Jaelyn came back with thirty seconds to spare. "Nice job. I think today was a decent work out."

"Two hours of pure hell." I wasn't sure if she was referring to the workout or being around me. Maybe both.

God, I wish I didn't have to be such a fuck-up. Everyday, I wished that I wouldn't have went to Euphoria that night and gotten hammered. If I wouldn't have gotten hammered then I wouldn't have fucked that girl. I probably lost all of Jaelyn's trust.

I looked at Jaelyn and studied her features. Jaelyn had shoulder length blonde hair and striking green eyes. Her teeth were perfect; they belonged in a toothpaste commercial. Her skin was clear and tan. She had a killer
hourglass figure and she was really short. She was probably five four.

She probably took notice in me staring and she looked at me. "What?"

"Um, nothing. I'll see you later. I'm going to Joey's." Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Real smooth Jesse.
**

I sat down on Joey and Mikey's couch. We decided to watch some of our old fights on the flatscreen. Mikey and Joey had made food like they were some married couple. Never in my life have I met a guy who voluntarily makes food for people when they come over. Normally it's just everyone fending for themselves.

"So Jesse, did Jaelyn finally forgive you for royally fucking up?" Mikey asked, in between bites of his sandwich.

My whole body stiffened. I know fucked up, but I didn't need to hear it from them too. "No." I mumbled.

Joey nudged Mikey and gave him the look. Mikey rolled his eyes and ate the rest of his sandwich. I kept my eyes glued the my shirt, not knowing what else to say.

"Jess, do you think Jaelyn is ready for the fight with Mae?" Joey asked, trying to bring up another topic. But it was still about Jae.

"She's gotten a lot better. I think she has a chance beating her."

"She better kick Mae's ass." Joey told me.

"She's such a bitch. Someone needs to knock her cocky ass to the ground." Mikey said as he cracked open a can of beer.

"You want guys want one?" Mikey asked, taking a long drink from the can.

Joey nodded and then looked at me. "How about you Jess?"

"Yeah," I used to swear to myself that I'd never drink. Now, I didn't really care. I just want enough to to loosen up. Not enough to be hammered and not think straight.

I cracked open my can of beer and took a long drink. I fucking missed hanging out with Jaelyn. I wish she didn't resent me. I'm such a fucking idiot.

I downed the rest of the can and tossed it in the trash. "I'll talk to you guys later. I'm gonna go home."

"Want me to drive you?" Joey asked, getting ready to stand up.

"No, I'm fine. Besides, you're buzzed too."
**

I safely made it back to the apartment. Jaelyn was sitting on the couch watching 'The Walking Dead'.

She didn't even look my way when I opened the door. I sat down on the couch beside her. "Jae, look I know you're so angry with me. But please, just look at me. I just want you to fucking acknowledge me outside of practice. Please. I'm so sorry I fucked up. Let me make it up to you."

Jaelyn looked at me. Her eyes were glassy and her lips quivered. I put my arm around Jaelyn and she leaned in.

"I've missed you so fucking much." I said as I kissed the top of her forehead.

"I've missed you too." She said, her voice barely a whisper.

A/N
Sorry for the wait!! Here it is. I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think. Thank you so much.