Chapter 28

Chapter 28

~Jaelyn's point of view~

I woke up with Jesse's arms around me. We both had fallen asleep talking to eachother on the futon last night.

His arms were wrapped loosely around me. Jesse was out cold; I tapped his cheek and he didn't even move.

"Jesse wake up!" After a few more attempts at waking him, he finally came back from the dead.

"Good morning," His voice was raspy and deeper than usual.

"Morning," I let out a small yawn as I got off of the futon.

I went into the kitchen and got myself a huge glass of orange juice. I sat on a stool and drank my juice. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Are you ready for the fight tomorrow?" He asked as he rested his chin on the top of my head.

I took a long drink from my juice. "Yeah, it couldn't be any sooner."

"You got this. You are fully capable of beating her Jaelyn. You're just as skilled as her, if not more skilled. She just plays dirty. That's her only advantage against you."

I sat my now empty cup on the counter. Jesse wrapped his arms around my torso. "I know, but how far is she willing to go in this fight? She's already got her groupies to hold me down while she beat me. She also caused me to go to the hospital from the crash."

There was silence for what felt like forever. Jesse knew I was right. Mae would play dirty, but the question was how far was too far for her. Or was there no limit?

"Just be one step ahead of her. You better not sink to her level and play dirty. If you do that the win won't even feel good. Trust me on that."

Just as I was about to say something, our apartment door swung open.

"Hey guys! I brought breakfast!" Joey was basically screaming like a madman. He had multiple take out boxes in his arms.

Jesse went over to Joey and helped him carry the boxes. "How'd you get in?"

"I swiped Jae's key awhile ago and made a copy of it." Joey said as he set some of the plastic containers on the counter.

"Well that wasn't rude or anything." I said as I opened a container that was filled with fluffy pancakes. Jesse handed me a plate and I set a couple of the pancakes down.

"Jae there's also waffles if you want some." Justin said as he grabbed a waffle and started eating it like it was a cookie.

After we ate breakfast, I took a shower and got ready for the day. Justin apparently wanted us to go with him to his parents house.

Apparently Justin hasn't seen them in months. He wanted to take us to show his parents he was fine on his own. Lacy and Mikey couldn't make it. Lacy had to work at Euphoria and check inventory. Mikey was throwing his guts up. He had went out to eat last night and had gotten food poisoning.

**

Joey knocked nervously on the front door of his parents house. I watched him bit his lip and fidget until the door swung open.

Joey's parents greeted us as if they were bored. I assumed that they would be happy to see their son for the first time in months. They led us inside of there home. It wasn't a massive house, but it was a decent size.

The only sound in the house was the sound of footsteps. I glanced over at Jesse who looked at me and gave me a reassuring smile. Justin was looking straight ahead, as if he was in a trance.

Once we were led to the dining room we sat down. There was no food set out. The table was bare except for five glasses of water.

"Joesph, we didn't know you were bringing guests." His mother said. She almost sounded robotic. As if everything was rehearsed. They had no emotion.

"Guys, this is Jaelyn and Jesse. They're my friends."

Joey's mother looked at the both of us blandly. "Son, why did you choose to cover yourself in tattoos?"

Joey choked on his water and had a coughing fit.

Jesse took a deep breath. "Because I wanted to, ma'am."

"Because you wanted to? To what? Be trouble?"

"Mom, he isn't trouble. He doesn't have to answer you. Besides why would you even ask him that. You've known him since we were kids."

"Joseph! Don't speak to your mother like that." Joey's father said.

"Joseph, I've asked that because I've known him since then. I'm just shocked that a year or two caused him to change. Clearly he hasn't had a good parental figure."

I looked at Jesse, his jaw was clenched. I looked at his hands, they were balled into tight fists. I grabbed his right hand and held it.

"Ma'am, my tattoos have nothing to do with my parents. It is my body and I'll do whatevr I want with it. This was my choice. Nobody else's."

Joey's mom pressed her lips into a tight, thin line. "Young man, I will not have you come into my home and give me this tone. Joseph, you need to learn to pick better friends or- oh good Lord! What are those holes in your ears?" She stared in horror as her son.

Joey smiled. "I was waiting for you to say that. I've got another surprise."

I hadn't noticed until now, but Joey was wearing long sleeves. They were hiding all of his tattoos. His mother watched him in utter horror as her son pulled up his sleeves.

"Holy Hell!" Joey's dad choked on his water.

"That is it! You're moving back here with us and we are lasering off those mistakes. What's next? Are you a drug dealer? Do you smoke and drink."

For the first time in a long time, I watched Joey light a cigarette. He rarely did it, but this was just to send his parents into shock."

He blew the smoke into his mother's face. "My appearance shouldn't matter. And I'm not moving back. I'm fine where I am and besides you can't force me back here. I'm an adult. All I wanted to do was to come here and show you that I was perfectly fine without you crawling up my ass. Jesse is my friend and his tattoos shouldn't define him. Neither should mine."

"Well then what about this girl, she must be here for a reason. She hasn't said a single word since you've arrived."

I looked at Joey's mom. She was looking at me with a bored look.

"This is Jaelyn. Jesse amd I have been training her. She's also Jesse's roommate."

"A boy living with a girl? And here I thought I heard it all."

"Listen lady, I have heard you be nothing but judgemental. Joey was trying to do a nice thing to surprise you. He just wanted to show you that he is fine. You shouldn't be so quick to judge everything. I can see now why Joey wanted us here." Jesse squeezed my hand reassuringly.

Joey's parents looked at me in horror. As if I spoke another language. Joey blew one last puff of smoke in his parents face and pushed the cigarette into the table. He got up and left. We followed him out.

"Now I remember why I haven't talked to them in nine months. Thanks for coming you guys."

I guess I fell asleep on the drive home because I woke up to Jesse carrying me to my room. Before he could open my door stopped him.

"I wanna sleep in your room. I never do." Jesse kissed my forehead and took me to his room. I changed into ome of his shirts and crawled into bed with him. I slept like a log, even though tomorrow was the big day.

A/N
Sorry this was a filler. Hope you liked it though. Please make sure to vote amd comment. Every little thing makes my day! Love you guys so much!! *this chapter wasn't edited, sorry I wanted to give you the update.*