Chapter 20

Chapter 20
~Jaelyn's point of view~

I practically limped home. My body was in a severe amount of pain. I'd be lucky if I would last a round in tonight's fight with Sabra. Walking to the apartment felt like it had taken forever. I was glad Lacy and Joey weren't coming to the fight. Mikey was going to try and make it.

After experiencing this walk home, I was worried about this fight. I unlocked the apartment door to find Jesse talking with Mikey. I guess he decided to stop by.

"Jaelyn what the hell. Are you okay? Who did this?" Jesse asked, rage clearly consuming him.

"Mate, let her talk." Mikey said as he handed me an icebag.

I sat down on the futon with Jesse and Mikey. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell the truth. I didn't want to involve them. I cleared my throat as I put the icebag on my ribs. "Mae and her gang."

Mikey and Jesse exchanged angry looks. "You're fucking kidding. Right? Because if you're not we will go get Joey and-"

"Jess, calm down. If she wants to play dirty I can too."

Jesse shook his head but before he could say anything, Mikey spoke. "Jaelyn, that wouldn't be smart. She is just a coward. Do not feed into what she does. You fight clean then you will win because you deserve it. If you play dirty then who knows what will happen."

Mikey was right, but I was too angry to listen. "She might've just costed me my fight with Sabra tonight."

Jesse shook his head. "No, don't get that in your head JJ."

I shifted the icebag that was resting on my ribs. "I'll be lucky if I win."

Jesse ran his hands through his brown hair. His eyes were searching mine. "Well, you've got a couple of hours to rest. Maybe you'll feel better then."

"Yeah, mate you will be fine by then. Sure you will still be hurting but Sabra will be too. You can push through this." Mikey said as he handed me a glass of water.

I drank the cool liquid and set the empty glass on the coffee table. Mikey and Jesse were right. I could do this. I could beat Sabra.

Jesse's phone dinged. He looked at the text message he got and looked content. "Joey went to watch Jenny and Roxy's fight. Roxy won, so if you beat Sabra you'll fight her. Roxy is one hell of a fighter. It won't be easy but you can do it."

Jesse put his arm around me. I winced from the pain in my ribs. It hurt like hell. There was probably already a bruise.

Mikey, Jesse and I sat on the couch and watched Netflix until we had to leave for the fight. Mikey drove us. The parking lot was packed with cars. We parked and then made our way into the lockerroom.

"Mae better hope I don't see her. I'll have a few things to say to her." Jesse growled.

"Mate, you know that will only make things worse."
**

Sabra was twice my size. She was very built. She did look intimidating, but I didn't want to sike myself out. I was on my corner in the ring. Jesse was lacing my gloves up.

"You got this." He told me as I put my mouthpiece in my mouth with my free hand.

You could see a huge bruise on the left side of my stomach. The ref entered the ring and made his announcements. Before I knew it the first round was starting.

I had lost the first round. I was aching. My whole body was in pain. It felt like I had been ran over by a cement truck. I'd lost the second round too. Sabra just had to win one more round and she'd win.