Chapter 29

(Italics will mean it is a flashback)
~Jaelyn's point of view ~

I needed to clear my head. I got out of my bed to change. My whole body was in a serious amount of pain. I looked at myself in the mirror that hung on my wall. My face was still bruised from the fight with Mae. I took my top off and examined the bruises the littered my torso.

They weren't as noticeable as before. They weren't the angry purple color anymore. They were now more of a snot color. I pulled my shirt off and changed into a sports bra and a light zip up. I put shorts on and grabbed my running shoes. I quickly brushed my teeth as I put my shoes on. I threw my toothbrush in the bathroom and headed out the door before Jesse would notice me.

No one was in the halls. My body was too sore to go down an absurd amount of stairs. I went to the elevators and got in an empty one. I pressed the button to the main floor and the elevator dinged. It's doors closed. I closed my eyes and thought about what had happened at the fight.

So many people had shown up for the fight. The crowd was more than I was used to. I didn't like it, I felt sick. My stomach was doing somersaults. I got into the ring. I didn't take my eyes off of Mae. The referee came into the ring and initiated the fight. Mae-

The elevator's door opened, the ding sent me back to reality. I exited the building and started my run on the busy streets of Seattle. Today, there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. Today's weather was perfect. I sped up my pace and got lost in thought.

Mae sent the first punch. It was right at my ribs. As she sent the punch, I punched her in the face. She had left it unprotected. Both of us stumbled back a little. I quickly recovered and firmly planted my feet onto the ground. Mae spit on the ground and sneered at me.

"You better watch out, Jaelyn. You're gonna be in so much pain you'll be begging to just end this fight."

Her words still echoed in my head. She wasn't wrong about me being in a severe amount of pain. I had to stop running for a second because my lungs were burning. I went inside the grocery store that I had conveniently stopped by. I went inside to buy I bottle of water.

I grabbed the bottle out of a minifridge that was near a check out line. As I waited in line, the man that was behind me tapped my shoulder.

"Excuse me," He said as I turned to face him.

"Yes sir?" He looked to be in his late twenties or earlier thirties.

"You're that girl, aren't you? From the fight that was at Powerhouse. It happened about a week ago." He asked as we moved down the line.

"Yes, I am." I said, trying to hide any hint emotion.

Before the man could say anything, it was my turn to check out. I quickly checked out before he could say anything else to me. I cracked open the bottle of water and chugged it down. The cold water felt great on my throat. I threw my trash away and continued my run. I decided to turn back for my apartment building. I'd already ran about three miles.

Mae's blood flew onto the ground. I'd sent a hard punch to her jaw. It was the second to last round. We were tied.

"Is that all you got? Pathetic!" Mae screamed over the roaring crowd.

"Nope, waiting for you to play dirty."

"Well since you said that. . . I guess I have to."

Mae kicked my legs and it sent me flying to the ground. She then got ontop of me and started beating the holy hell out of me.

The ref blew his wistle and pulled Mae off of me. "I said I wanted a clean fight! Do you hear me?" The referee shouted at Mae.

The fight continued and before I knew it, I was at the last round. I was winning. I just needed to knock Mae down and keep her down.

And I did exactly that. I had won. Fair and square.

I quickly pulled myself out of the memory of the fight. It wasn't that I had played dirty. It was what happened after the fight. What I had done.

I had made all the way back to my apartment. I unlocked the door to see Jesse hauling boxes around. I shut the door.

"Jess what are you doing?" I questioned, my voice cracking. This was the first thing I had said to Jesse in about a week.

"What does it look like Jaelyn? I'm going to go live with Joey and Mikey until I find my own place."

"Please, stay." Tears filled my eyes. I looked at Jesse in shock. I wanted to get on my knees and beg him to stay, but I didn't.

"You haven't said anything to me in weeks. Now you say something because I'm leaving. Jaelyn, I can't do this. You won't talk to me or even look at me."

Tears rolled down my cheeks. "Please. Please don't leave." This reminded me of when my real dad had left. I was too little to remember it all. All I remember was begging him to stay. He didn't.

Jesse set down a box and walked over to me. "It's for the best."

I was leaning against the door. My legs had grown weak and I slid down to the floor. "No it's not. Don't go. Don't go."

"I know you feel guilty about what happened after the fight. Yes, you took it too far, but you can't take it out on me." He sat infront of me and placed a hand on my knee.

"Please don't go." My voice was cracking.

Jesse let out a deep breath. He stood up and went to grab a box. Before he could I got up and hugged him.

"Jess, please stay." He tried pulling me off of him. He eventually gave in and pulled me close.

Tears were streaming down my face. I was soaking his shirt. "I can't lose you too. I-i can't."

He let go of me and tilted my head up to his. He kissed me softly. I tasted my own salty tears.

"You can't shut me out and then beg for me to stay. It's not fair on me."

"I won't shut you out anymore. Please stay." I knew I was begging, but I needed him to stay. He couldn't leave me either.

Jesse wrapped his arms around me again and kissed the top of my head.
"I will stay but you need to find Mae and talk to her."

"Talk to her about what?"

"About what happened after the fight."

A/N
Hope you guys liked it! Please let me know what you think! Don't forget to vote and comment. :) Thank you so much for reading and supporting this book! It means the world to me. I love you guys so much!
Happy Halloween!!!!