Chapter 27

Chapter 27
~Jaelyn's point of view~

For weeks I had gotten up at the crack of dawn and trained with Jesse. The doctors said I had made a full and quick recovery.

I had a few tiny scars that littered my arms. They were from the glass shards from my car. I missed my car. I hadn't gotten around to getting a new one. I have just been using Joey as my personal driver. He didn't mind because he loved driving so he could show off his beloved jeep.

I was at the gym with Jesse. I was in the best shape I'd ever been in my entire life. I had talked to my boss and he said he would be willing to have a rematch fight with Mae. It would be in a few days.

I was nervous but excited. Mostly nervous because I knew that Mae would play dirty to win. She's done it before so I didn't doubt that she would do it again.

Jesse has been really supportive. He was always by my side. I was worried that he would become a distraction, but he wasn't. Mikey and Joey would occasionally stop by and see us. Lacey was too busy working at Euphoria.

"Alright Jae, you got this." Jesse cheered as I strapped ankle weights to myself. Jesse was going to 'fight' me and I'd use the weights because it would help strengthen my muscles and make me quicker.

I got in the ring and just as I was about to make my move a snide comment was made by she who shall not be named.

"As if you think extra training could make you beat me." She said, glaring at us. Ignored her and tried to keep my head on straight.

"Don't worry atleast you can have my sloppy seconds." She said as she looked at Jesse.

Anger boiled inside of me. I took a deep breath and ignored her comments. I couldn't fuel the fire.

"Listen, I think you should leave. Take your goonies with you." Joey said to the cocky girl amd her synical gang.
Mikey sniggered, fist jumping Joe.

"Joseph, why can't you keep your mouth shut. You're so attractive, but then you open your mouth and that all goes out the window."

Joey snorted. "You've got nothing going for you, Mae. Sorry! But I do appreciate that you find me attractive."

"Cheers Mate," Mikey said as the devil stormed off like a child.

All of the boys started laughing. Joey was pretending to wipe tears from his eyes. Mikey walked away and cane back with a tissueto give to Joey. Jesse was just standing there silent. His jaw clenched. His taped hands balled into fists.

I walked over to Jesse and put my arms around him. "Its fine Jess. She's all talk. You know better than to let her know that she has gotten to you. You and I both know that she won't win this fight. I can do it."

Jesse looked down at me and gave me a small smile, making his eyes crinkle.
"You're right. I'm just worried about her playing dirty. I know she will. She would do anything to stay number one."

"I'm ready to fight her. If she plays dirty I won't play dirty back. With my luck they'd call me out on it rather than her."

"And it's wrong." Joey chimed in.

After our discussion about Mae, we continued to train. We trained for what felt like hours. My entire body ached, but I knew all of this pain would pay off in the end.

We went back to Joey and Mikey's apartment. Everyone had decided to order some chinese food. While the boys pigged out on that, I made myself a salad. I was trying to be healthy for the fight. I needed every tiny advantage I could get.

I picked at my salad. "Jae, do you want some of my rice?" Jesse asked.

"No, I'm okay. I'll stick with my salad."

While everyone devoured their food, we watched old boxing matches. They were mostly Joey and Jesse's old fight. Mikey was occasionally in the mix. These videos helped me tremendously.

I was learning more and more each fight. I knew the fundamentals of boxing. This was the easiest way for me to learn more. Because the video could be paused and I could rewind it.

Jesse stopped the tape and turned towards me. My heart was racing. I wasn't sure why I was nervous. Jesse looked at me with his piercing eyes. I couldn't tell how he was feeling.

"Jae, I know you should be more focused on fighting Mae, but I just need to tell you this now. I know we've already talk about this before. I just want to clear everything up."

I gave Jesse a small smile. "Talk to me."

"I know this is cringey and cheesey, but I just want you to know that I'm here for the long run. I know we haven't known eachother for very long-but I know that I'll be there for you no matter what."

I scooted closer to Jesse. He pulled me into his arms. I was at a loss for words. I knew he meant what he had said. I just wasn't sure how to speak my mind.

"Jess, I'm here for the long run too. Even if we don't work out as a couple, then we can still be friends. I know couples say that and it doesn't work out. But I mean it. I'll be there to help you deal with your mom or your dad."

His lips curled into a perfect smile. "Did you say couple?" He playfully asled as he pinched my cheek.

I smacked his hand away. "I mean-uh if you-I just assumed that-"

Jesse cut me off with a quick kiss. "Relax. I like the sound of it."

A/N
Sorry for the late update
This won't be edited for a bit. I've been really busy. But I'm trying to give you guys chapters as soon as possible. So sorry for the grammar errors. They'll be fixed later on. Hope you enjoy the chapter! Love you guys. Thanks so much for the support it really means the world to me  <3 :)