Chapter 19

Chapter 19
~Jaelyn's point of view~

I stared at the ceiling in my bedroom. I couldn't fall asleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Jesse. I was too worried about him. Watching him witness his mom going crazy wasn't a pleasant sight. It really got to him. How could you blame him when it'd get to anyone. He was handling it better than I would or anyone I know would.

I wasn't sure how to comfort him. Jesse probably wouldn't like me treating him like he was made of glass, but that doesn't mean I should leave him alone. I eventually fell asleep after a few hours of worrying about Jesse's horrible situation.

My alarm unpleasantly woke me up.
I slammed down on the snooze button and put my pillow over my head. I was exhausted. I didn't want to get up and fight. My entire body felt like it was filled with lead.

"Wake up sleepyhead! Time to fight." Jesse ripped my covers off of my bed along with the pillow that was covering my head.

"Five more minutes." I groaned.

Jesse laughed. "No time to waste. You'll be late for your fight. You don't want to be deemed a chicken. After all this makes you that much closer to fighting Mae."

I got out of bed as soon as Mae's name came out of his mouth. "Let's go."

Jesse left my room with a smirk. I went to my closet and changed into a pair of shorts. I had my spandex tights on underneath my pants and I put a sweatshirt on.

After we ate breakfast, we headed to Powerhouse for the match. If I won today I would move into the semi-finals. The semi-finals would be later this evening. To get to the championship, I would have to win each match in the semi-finals.

Today was no doubt going to be exhausting. Hopefully, I'd be physically ready to do this. I was worried about being mentally prepared.
**

A painful punch knocked me off of my feet. The crowd roared cheering my opponent on. I quickly recovered and took position.

"Jaelyn James you aren't winning this. I've been fighting too long." She said as she sent another punch in my direction.

Luckily, I dodged the punch. I bit down hard on my mouthpiece. "I'm not going down as easily as you think."

She laughed. I took a hard blow to my stomach. It made me want to vomit. Bile rised in my mouth. I choked it down. My bitch of an opponent watched with glee. "Looks like you're a firecracker; you come in with a bang and then you die out just as fast. I guess whatever Mae says is true. You're just a rookie who is trying to get with Jesse Stevens."

As soon as I heard Mae's name escape her mouth, I lost it. I started getting sloppy. The third round was ending. There were only two rounds left. The gym owner wanted to make it only five so the tourtament would go faster.

The third round ended and the fourth had begun just as quickly. "Show me what you're made of, James."

I tried to keep myself level-headed. Since Lisa was set on being defense I had to go offense. I went in for two jabs. I hit her each time. She stumbled back, shocked I'd done that.

"Enough talk." I said as I spit blood on the ground.

Lisa charged at me. She was losing her composure. Her punches became sloppy. Before I knew it the fourth round ended and the fifth had begun.

Lisa was still sloppy. She wasn't maintaining a good defense. I saw her hands weren't blocking her face anymore, so I went in for a solid punch.

Bang!

Lisa was on the floor. She was fighitng to get up but her body wouldn't let her.

"Jaelyn James wins!" The ref shouted. The crowd roared. They didn't really care who won they just wanted a good show.
**

I was in the locker room showering when Jesse came in. "Jae, you did good. Are you ready for the next fight tonight? You'll fight Sabra and then if you win you fight either Jenny or Roxy. Then if you beat either one you're fighitng Mae."

"I'm ready. I just don't think you training me is a good idea. People are begining to get the wrong idea. They think I'm doing this just to get laid. I don't want that image." I told Jesse as I pulled a towel into the shower. I turned off the water and wrapped the towel around my body.

"You know you wouldn't last without me. Don't get cocky. You'll lose."

I walked over to my gym bag and grabbed my spare clothes. "I am not getting cocky. I just don't want people to portray me as someone I'm not."

"I get that, but you need me."

I walked into a stall and changed into my clothes. I did need Jesse but I didn't want any of my feelings getting in the way. They'd blind me.

"I'll see you at home. I need to talk to my boss. I need to get back to working here. You can take my car, I'll walk home."

I threw him my car keys. Jesse walked out without saying anything else. After I was ready, I headed to my boss's office.

"Where are you going sweetheart?" I recognized the sickening tone. It was Mae. She was, of course, with her group of followers.

"Not now." I hissed at her.

"Don't play with me. Girls lets show Jae some fun."

Before I knew it, Mae's henchmen were dragging me outside. It took three of them to drag me. "What the hell are you doing?!"

They dragged me to an alley by the gym. "We are going to teach you a lesson. No one will ever beat me or be as good as me. Don't think you're special and that you can. You can't."

Two of her girls pinned me against a brick wall. Mae sent a lethal kick to my ribs. She then began punching me repeatedly. I couldn't squirm free from her followers' grasps.

Pain shot through my body. Blood was spraying. I couldn't believe that this was happening. It was so sick and twisted for someone to do. It was cowardly.

I didn't beg for her to stop. I couldn't show I was weak. I had to wait until they stopped. "Have fun tonight, Jae."

After her and her wicked gang left, I squatted down on the ground amd threw up. I think Mae is going to be a lot harder than before. If she was willing to play dirty. Well that meant I was just as willing. 

A/N
So sorry for the long wait. I've been having writers block and I've beens so busy. Hope you enjoyed it was edited. Sorry it's not much but its so at least something. I haven't had the chance to edit it  sorry in advance! I will try my best to update more frequently.