Chapter 15

Chapter 15
~Jaelyn's point of view~

I let Jesse hold onto me for what felt like forever. I wanted to punch myself for giving in so easily. At the same time, I just wanted to stay like this forever with Jesse. That scared me more than anything. After letting him hurt me so bad-I let him in almost as quickly as he left.

I held tightly onto Jesse's shirt, terrified he'd disappear into thin air. Jesse leaned back, taking me with him. I was practically curled up in a ball on top of him.

We didn't say anything for awhile. We just sat in silence. It was a peaceful silence. Nothing needed to be said. We laid there for another twenty minutes until Jesse finally broke the silence.

"Tomorrow will be the last day we can train and perfect your moves before the tournament. I think you're ready for it. I'm just worried about your pain tolerance."

"Why are you so worried about it now? You've never brought it up before." I questioned, obviously confused.

"I know you can take it with the workouts and all that. I'm just nervous because someone is going to he punching the hell out of you all day."

"And I'm going to be punching the hell out of people all day too. Why bring it up now when the fight is so soon?"

"I dunno," Jesse cleared his throat, clearly uncomfortable.

I haven't put much thought into the pain aspect. I've been just focused on beating Mae. Someone needed to take her cocky ass down.
**

Jesse left our last workout early to see his mom. He had to leave because they said she was reacting violently with the new prescription pills they gave her. Although I begged Jesse to take me with him, he insisted that I finished the workout.

I was putting all of my things into my gym bag when I heard Mae's taunts.
"Aw, is the rookie getting ready to lose?"

I did my best to ignore her snide remarks. My anger was boiling up inside of me for too long and it was getting harder and harder to keep it all contained.

I gritted my teeth and started to walk away from the direction I heard Mae's voice. As I started to walk away, a cold hand grabbed my arm and stopped me dead in my tracks.

"I was talking to you." She hissed, her grip tightening on my arm.

"Sorry, I tend to block out bullshit." As Mae let go of my arm, I turned around to face her. She was with one of her friends.

"You're going to wish you hadn't talked to me like that." Mae growled.

I bit down hard on the inside of my cheek, drawing blood. "Why? Do you think I'm scared of you?" I sneered.

Mae snickered as she looked at her friend. "She's going to be so easy to beat."

Her friend nodded. "No doubt. You couldn't even call her a rookie. She hasn't even gotten into a real fight before."

Mae rolled her eyes. "It'll be like fighting a preschooler."

I gritted my teeth and walked away. I wasn't about to fight her now. I needed to be patient and wait until the actual fight.

I drove back to the apartment like a madman. The entire way there I was convincing myself to not go back there and pick a fight with Mae. I couldn't let that be my first fight. I have to wait for the tournament. I was smart enough to know that I needed to at least fight another rookie first. I couldn't just start fighting a champion.

Maybe I can't beat Mae. What if I'm not skilled enough? What if I'm too confident that I'm going to kick her ass?

As soon as I got home, I took a scalding hot shower. I stood under the faucet at let the water burn my skin. It felt good and it helped me think rationally.

I knew that it is going to be hell trying to beat Mae. It's going to take a lot out of me but I could possibly pull it off. But what am I fighting for? Jesse's fighting because of his mom. People have reasons that push them and I'm only fueled by rage. Anger doesn't last forever.
**

I stepped out of the shower, the cold air sending goosebumps up my arms and legs. I quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body. I went into my room to find Jesse laying on my bed  texting someone.

"How'd it how'd it go with your mom?" I asked, chewing at my lip. I didn't plan on Jesse being back yet so I hadn't bothered to bring clothes to change into while I was the bathroom.

"She's fine right now. The doctor on call gave her a sedative to calm her down. Nice towel"

I looked at the towel I was using one of Jesse's towel. "Sorry, I didn't even notice."

"You're such a hypocrite. I can't use your towels but you can use mine." Jesse's eyes were  filled with  mischief.

"Sorry," I mumbled, feeling exposed with nothing but a towel on.

"Can I have my towel back?"

"After you leave and I can change." I said, trying to shoo Jesse out.

"I'd like it back now please." Jesse said with a smirk plastered onto his gorgeous face.

I nodded and let the towel slip down my body a little until I caught it and laughed at Jesse. "Jess, you're so gullible," I said as I laughed at the shocked expression on his face. "I'll give it back once I change. Can you get out so I can?" I wrapped the towel around myself tighter, scared Jesse would try and be funny and grab it off of me.

"Nope," Jesse said popping the 'P'.

"So sad too bad." I said as I shoved Jesse out of my room.

I quickly changed and gave Jesse back his towel. "Thanks Jae,"

I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to make myself a sandwich. After I made myself a sandwich, I sat down next to Jesse on the futon. We sat and watched boxing matches so I could get a better idea of what techniques to use in a fight. I watched the matches until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I must've fallen asleep on the futon because I woke up to Jesse carrying me to bed. He out me to bed and went to his own room. I was too nervous to fall back asleep so I just thought about tomorrow.

The tournament is tomorrow. I kept telling myself that. I couldn't believe it was already here. I just hoped it'd be good enough to get to Mae.

A/N
Sorry for such a long wait!! Make sure to vote, comment and add this book to your reading list. I love you all and I appreciate your support with this book and any of my others. Sorry this chapter was sort of just a filter. I promise next chapter will be better and not a filler. Love ya!