All New

MARINETTE

"Wait, so let me get this straight." Lieutenant Agreste repeats for the third time. "The government is conducting an experiment and we are the lab rats. They want to see if we are capable of becoming a nurse and a soldier at the same time...Where the hell is the logic in that? I mean, it's easier if we stick to just doing one job! This is pissing everyone off!"

"Lieutenant Agreste, Don't use such colorful words at me!" The general scolds and lieutenant just slides back onto his chair. "The government knows what they are doing! Let us just follow what they want!"

"The government is trying to hide the fact that they are corrupt!" lieutenant intercedes.

"Are you trying to start a mutiny here, Adrien?" General Hugo seethes, with his hands turned into fists and his body leaning towards him.

Ah, his name is Adrien...

"Well," Adrien leans closer too, "what if I am?" he whispers with a smirk playing on his face.

"Don't even think of doing that..." I say sternly as I push the two of them away from each other. "Lieutenant," I start, facing Adrien, "don't use 'mutiny' as a threat. I know that we just met tonight but I have to reprimand you right now. You don't know the true intentions of the government. This experiment can actually make a good change to the military."

"And General Hugo," I turn to the general, "since we are pushing through with this, I suggest that you shouldn't make us do everything all at once! This is a slow process! We're not perfect people!"

"Do the two of you understand me, now?" I ask and Adrien scoffs, "Like as if you know what it's like to be a soldier," he seethes, "Go back to being a useless nurse!" he harshly opens the door and slams it shut once he was out of the office.

"How dare he!!" I shout, heading to the door, "I'm going to show him a-"

"Marinette!" The general shouts just when I opened the door.

"What, uncle?!"

He points at the door, "Shut it and come back here." I roll my eyes and follow what he said.

"Uncle, honestly I don't like this..." I complain once I slump on my chair.

"Welcome to the club..." he whispers and sits on his chair again to sign certain documents.

"Me, a soldier?! I know that we were taught the basic things about being a soldier, just in case. But I didn't expect to be using these tactics! I thought that I'll just be healing soldiers, not fighting with them!" I rant as my uncle would just nod his head at times, but his attention is still on the documents.

"Hey!" I wave my hand in front of him to get his attention. "Are you listening?! Hello!"

"Shut up, shut up. I can hear you, my dear!" he rubs his ears and glares at me. "As much as I want to stop this, I can't!"

I sulk on my chair and play with the stallion figure on my uncle's table. "I know...I know." I mumble and my uncle grabs my hand and holds it reassuringly.

"But," he starts, "this might be for our own good. You might be a fine soldier, Marinette."  he shrugs his shoulders and smiles. I smile back and nod.

"Okay..." I say as I pat his hand. "I'll be going ahead, uncle...I have to pack." I stand and straighten my skirt.

"Sleep well, Marinette." he says as I open the door.

"I'll try."

------------------------------------------

"Girl, you better take care of yourself there!" Alya says while looking at her hand mirror and applying lip stick.