Tyrant

ADRIEN

Two weeks can pass by in a flash if you're having fun or if you are using your time wisely.

But the past two weeks I have been going through are the slowest and most painful weeks I have ever lived.

Right now I am sitting across the lady I like at the cafeteria and as we eat together, not one of us utters a word. Our situation has been like this ever since I confessed my feelings to her and do you know what her reply was?

She said sorry. Then she dashed out of the infirmary.

Since then, the tension between us became so awkward but at the same time, it is hurting me. How I long to hold her in the same way we were holding each other in the infirmary. How I wish that I did not confess to her at that moment but just continue to hold her in silence. We would have still been talking by now.

But no. I just had to be the stupid one to think that I have a chance with her.

"Excuse me." She whispers, moving out of the table right after finishing her food. The soldiers and nurses sitting at our table don't mind her and continue to talk with each other. But I'm the only one who is noticing her every move.

She brings the tray to the counter-top where we place all our trays after eating. And there she is, exiting through the door, leaving me again.

But this stupid guy is not going to let go of her easily.

I ruffle my hair and abruptly stand to follow her out of the canteen. I run out of the building and look around for her.

Come on, you can't walk that fast.

Finally, I spot her brisk walking to her bunker. I run as fast as I can and stop in front of her. I breathe heavily as I peer into her eyes. She shows a face full of shock but does not utter a word.

"Marinette..." I exhale.

"Lieutenant, excuse me." She utters, her face looking at the ground. She starts to walk through my right but I immediately block her way.

"No." I say. Instead she moves to the other direction.

"I have to go, sir." She says with more clarity and proceeds to walk away from me.

"You are not going anywhere." I command whilst grabbing her arm and pulling her towards me. "I'm not letting you go."

"Lieutenant-"

"Since when have I given permission for you to call me that again?" I sneer. She tries to yank her arm away from me but I hold on to it tighter. "We have been helping each other for weeks and now you're placing me back to such a position wherein you have to call me, 'lieutenant' again?"

"Listen to me-"

"No. You listen to me." I bring her closer. Her pupils dilate out of shock as she realizes that we are centimeters away from each other. "You heard what I said weeks ago." I whisper.

She stays silent and tries to avoid eye contact with me. My face starts to flush as I continue, "You don't have any hearing problems. And you're not dumb, you understand what I said."

"Please don't make me do this, lieutenant." She says, "Don't put me in this position."

"Then reject my feelings. Just give me your answer- say that you do not feel the same for me." I plead. Using my free hand I run it down my face. "Because this cannot continue. With you not giving your answer is making me hold on to false hope."