Hurt No More

A.N. I'm back ;)

------------

MARINETTE

"Step aside."

"I'd rather you kill me first."

I'm standing behind Monarch who has a hand clenched into a fist, and the other holding me.

Yet, I do not want to be behind him. I want to be with the man standing across from us.

My chest clenches in pain at the sight of him. A tear runs down my cheek as my heart continues to ache for him.

"Adrien!" I cry out, abruptly reaching out my hand for him. Monarch immediately pushes my arm down.

"Marinette, don't move!" He scolds me but I push him away and start to run to Adrien.

"Adrien!" I shout again.

"Stop or I'll shoot!"

And I do stop in place, finding myself standing in between Monarch and Adrien. But what does not stop are the tears running down my face. The countless tears I continuously shed for the man pointing a gun at me.

"N-No..." I softly cry, my voice shaking.

"What do you mean 'no'?" He spits out and takes a few steps forward, nearing me. "And how the hell do you know me? Answer me!" He seethes out.

"You won't shoot me," I boldly utter then look straight into his eyes. They carry the kind of pent-up anger in them, yet I could see something else in his eyes. Hope brews in me when I see the doubt and curiosity in them. Then I notice the fact that he is trying to hide that he's shaking. "Look at you, the hand that's holding the gun is trembling."

Furious, Adrien stalks up to me and grits his teeth. Now the barrel of the gun is just an inch away from my forehead. I continue to control my breathing, taking even breaths to calm down. Clenching my hands to form fists, I stay determined. I know...I know he won't shoot me.

"Marinette, no!" Monarch shouts from behind me and I could hear him take a step closer.

"Don't!" I shout to make him stop, yet I keep my eyes on Adrien's. "Don't come here, Monarch," I continue.

"I won't be afraid to take another government scum away from this earth," Adrien spits out in a whisper.

"Then shoot me." I lean my head in resignation, placing my forehead right against the barrel.

"No! Don't shoot her, please!" Monarch begs from behind.

"Adrien Agreste, shoot me," I continue despite the endless pleas of Monarch. I raise both my hands and firmly grasp the gun, latching it on my head.

"How do you know me?" Adrien asks quietly, peering at me. Though he held the gun, ready to shoot me in any second, he kept on stopping himself. I could tell by his face. And when he asked that question, I know that even in this alternative world and time I'm in...I can bring my Adrien back.

I close my eyes and let out a few tears fall down my face. "Every night, you get nightmares. Nightmares of people being killed...sometimes by your own hand."

Adrien lets out a short gasp and I open my eyes again, breathing heavily. He's frozen in place, his face contorted in shock and horror.

"How...how would you know-"