Convinced

ADRIEN

"You allowed them to place a bomb on the ceiling?!" I shout in anger.

General Hugo slams his fists on the desk and it sends some documents flying into the air.

"Lieutenant listen!" He shouts.

"No! You listen! Is this also related to what happened days ago? When the infirmary suffered a power surge?!"

He stays quiet but keeps his posture filled with authority. "I had to do what was best."

'What was BEST?'

"Sir," I sigh before my pinching the bridge of my nose out of stress, "I understand that we are running out of time and we don't have enough members for the mutiny, but you just can't scare the government by hurting your allies in the process. You are losing the trust between two parties-"

"You have no authority to talk to me in that manner, Agreste" He jabs my chest as he spoke, his words said with such fury.

"Hugo-" I start.

"That's 'General' to you!"

"Well I don't care!" I spit out, "I won't care about your title just as much as you don't care for those soldiers and nurses you injured!" I breathe heavily as I finish. He looks at me with hate then turns away. I walk to the door, ready to exit his office.

"Recruit my niece in four days." He utters with still the existence of the threatening tension.

My left hand hovers over the doorknob as he spoke. My right hand clenches into a fist but I do not dare to turn my back. "You said you will give me 3 months-"

"Well I don't give a crap! Recruit her in four days! That's my order!!"

"I can recruit her in less than four days." I say bluntly, now daring to look at him. "And I will show her that I'm the boss. Not you."

I slam the door behind me and march in anger to the open field.

He thinks that we can gain the trust of the others with his tactics?

I will show him who's wrong.

"Private!" I shout upon seeing Marinette sitting on the field, waiting for me. She scrambles to stand on her feet and salutes at me. "50 push-ups now!"

"Fi-fifty?"

"Now!!"

She lands on the ground and starts counting as she executes my order. But after her seventh push-up, she starts to pant and go slower than before.

"Faster!" I shout. I am becoming impatient. How can she be ready in less than four days if this is her pacing?

"I-I am giving my very b-best!"

"Then give it your all! How can you win in a war if you act so slow?! In less than a minute, you will die in a battlefield! Your best is not enough! It's not-" I fall on my knees and bury my head in my hands as I feel all the stress coming in me, forcing me to breakdown in front of her. "Enough..." I exasperatedly whisper the last word.