Acting (Part 1)

MARINETTE

"Monarch?"

"Mari? What is it now?"

I look around the shower room, checking to see if the coast is clear. Nath and the others are outside again on patrol.

"Lieutenant Agreste told me that my uncle wanted me to join the mutiny..."

"Don't tell me that you said-"

"I accepted their offer." I interrupt and bring the phone closer to my ear.

"Marinette!" He erupts in anger on the phone. "You could have assigned someone else-"

"Adrien wanted me, Monarch." I sternly say.

"Adrien? Adrien?! Are we on first name basis now? Have you forgotten that he is a traitor? He betrayed the government!"

"Monarch! I know what I am doing!" I defend myself, "I am the closest person to Adrien from among our team. I know that through him I can get the needed information we need to stop the mutiny. I...I have to act as an undercover soldier for the president, for our team and for you. And whether you like it or not, I will not stop until I find the right answers." I breathe heavily as I end.

Surprisingly, he stays quiet for a moment.

"Monarch?" I ask wearily. Did I say too much? But why should he be mad?! Damn it, he should be grateful!

"I expect new information from you in a week." He murmurs before ending the call.

I bring the phone away from my ear and roll my eyes, completely annoyed.

"Damn you. I am doing you a big favor." I mumble walking out of the room. Nath approaches me and asks how the call was.

Instead of answering, I give him a stern command. "If ever you are asked to join the mutiny, say that you agree. Tell that to every person in our team."

"Y-yes ma'am. I am right on it." He runs away from me to immediately tell the others.

I briskly walk to the canteen and grab an apple on a nearby counter. Looking around for a table, I see Alya sitting by herself.

"Hey girl." I say as I sit on the bench across from her.

"Hi. Good morning." She replies, bringing a spoonful of cereal to her mouth. "I hope you got enough sleep last night because two people decided to flirt in the infirmary yesterday. And sadly, they did not clean up after. I had to be the one to clean up, especially that bloody scalpel."

Oops.

"Gosh. Shame on that couple." She continues.

I groan and bring my hands to my face. "We were not flirting!"

"I didn't say that it was you and Adrien..."

"But how did you- ugh. Never mind. Judging by that look of yours, I know that it was him and I. Alya, I was just training hi-"

"I know that you are against my relationship with a soldier but I guess that you are okay with yours because well, the lady is the soldier and the guy is a nurse." She rants while bringing another spoonful of cereal to her mouth.