One

Jungkook's pov

I rush down the stairs, still trying to put on my converse as I stumble towards the kitchen. I come in contact with my mom who was eating oatmeal.

"Leaving so soon, Jungkook?" She asks, flipping through a magazine about pots and pans. I shrug as I walk towards the counter, grabbing a piece of toast that she made for me
"I always walk to school with Y/N."

She looks at me with a worried expression on her face, placing her spoon down before speaking "Doesn't she have a boyfriend?" I wipe my hands off on my shirt "Yeah," I look up at her once I was done. She shakes her head and goes back to eating her oatmeal.

I sigh and wave goodbye as I walk towards the front door, swiftly grabbing my backpack on the way out.

I smile triumphantly when I show up 15 minutes early before her boyfriend. I look around, adverting my gaze to the clock on my phone. I pout a little "She should be here by now.."

"Kookie!"

I look up, immediately smiling when I see Y/N jogging towards me "Hey." She grins and keeps walking, I quickly catch up with her. We've been best friends since grade school. I always love seeing her smiling. I promised myself I would never make her sad.

"So, when–" I get caught off by someone calling Y/N's name. We look towards the owner of the voice, my shoulders dropping. It was her boyfriend Mason. I glance over at Y/N who was already walking towards him, smiling bigger than before. I sigh and look at the ground.

"Hey, Mason." He wraps his arm over
Y/N's shoulder and gets in between me and her "Oh, what were you going to say before, Kookie?" I shake my head and look away, plastering a fake smile on my face "Nah, don't worry about it."

We walk into school and I look over at Y/N and Mason, they were already walking into a different direction. I nod and whisper a 'see you later' and walk to my class.

I get into class and take a seat, pressing my face against the palm of my hands. I feel a hand ruffle my hair, quickly turning around to see who did that "Heya, gukkie!" I flash a small smile as I try to fix my hair.

"Hey, Taehyung." He sits down in his seat, next to a girl with big boobs "I saw Y/N while walking to class and noticed you weren't with her. Did something happen between you two?"

I shake my head an advert my attention to my wooden desk "No, I just left her alone with her boyfriend." Nodding, hoping he bought my lie.

"You did? Because I didn't see him with her." "He must of went to class already." I quickly say, trying to avoid the topic. I hear footsteps behind me and look over my shoulder. Jimin was slowly walking towards me with his hands up. He pouts when I notice him.

"Aw, I wanted to scare you." He playfully punches my arm and smiles. I chuckle and watch as he takes a seat behind Tae. The teacher walks in and class starts.

Class ends and I walk out of class with Tae and Jimin talking to one another "I'm telling you guys, it's possible Mary likes me."

"The hottest girl in school?"

"Yeah."

"Why would she like a shorty?"

Jimin pushes him and I laugh at both of them. I start looking around for Y/N. I see her walking out of her classroom. I was about to get her attention until I noticed Mason was with her. I look down and keep walking "Kookie, you alright?" I nod and keep walking towards my next class.

"I'll see you guys at lunch."

4th period ends and I rush out of class to find Y/N and walk with her to lunch. I turn a corner and see her walking out of class. I grin and run towards her, grabbing her arm and turning her around. She jumps out of reflexes before registering what was going on "O-Oh, Kookie.."

I smile and quickly wave "Hey, you ready to go to lunch?" She clears her throat and nods. I smile as we start walking. She started talking about an upcoming math test that she needed to study for. I nod along, but I wasn't really paying attention – I kept looking around for her boyfriend while not trying to not make it obvious.

We enter the cafeteria and take a seat at an empty table. She opens up her lunch kit and always pulls out her tea and a napkin before her sandwich. Holding up her sandwich; she always scrunches her nose before taking a bite.

I smile to myself as I watch her eat happily "What is it, Kookie?" I blink and look at her. She was smiling and her head was tilt "Ah, nothing."

"You keep staring." I glance at her and smile awkwardly, fiddling with my thumbs "Really? Sorry.."

She puts down her sandwich and cleans her hands with the napkin
"Listen, I'm going to a concert this Friday, will you come with me?" I scratch the back of my neck and shrug "This Friday? I don't know." She scoffs and chuckles "Oh, come on. It won't be fun if you're not there.."

A smile grows across my lips as I look at her pouting "Alright, I'll go." She smiles bigger than before, clapping her hands in excitement "Yay!"

"Thank's for not waiting for us, jerko ." I look up and see Jimin and Tae taking a seat next to Y/N "Yeah, what was that about?" I shrug nonchalantly before directing my attention back to Y/N "Hey, guys." They turn to Y/N and smile.

"Hey wait a minute, where's Mason?"
Y/N sighs and shakes her head "He had one of those "football meetings."
They nod and look back at me "Do any of you know if Yoongi Made the basketball team?" "No, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did."

As they started their own conversation I looked over at Y/N who was eating whilst listening to them. I could stare at her all day. She was so beautiful in my eyes. After every bite, she would wipe her mouth with a napkin before taking a sip of her tea.

I look away as soon as I hear footsteps coming towards the table"Sorry, I'm a little late." Tae and Jimin greet Mason and Y/N greets him with a kiss.

"It's alright, babe." Mason takes a seat beside me and everyone starts a conversation while I kept glancing up at Y/N. Like always, she would scrunch her nose before taking a bite. It was honestly the cutest thing ever. I take a deep breath and rest my head against my palm.

She was the leader of the cheerleading team; It's how her and Mason met. I would go to every game, not to watch it but to watch Y/N. She was always happy when cheerleading, it was her passion. She's the most popular girl in school; Her Boyfriend, Taehyung, Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin.

"Kookie!" I snap out of my trance and look up and Tae "Come on, lunch is over." I look at the table to see that
Y/N and Mason were already gone.
I nod and stand, walking out of the cafeteria with Tae and Jimin following from behind.