Seventeen

Jungkooks pov

I knock on the front door and step back, looking beside me to see Y/N biting her nails nervously. I sigh and ruffle her hair "Relax, kid." She chuckles and looks up at me, a small pout evident on her face "Leave me alone. It's been awhile since I've seen the loser who "disappeared without any trace."

As she finishes the door opens revealing Mrs. Kim, automatically smiling when she sees us "Well, if it isn't Jungkookie and--" She places her hand on her hip and looks at Y/N, her mouth slightly parted "Y/N?"

Y/N smiles and waves, she always did love Taehyung's mother "Hi Mrs. Kim, we came to see Taehyung." Mrs. Kim's grin grows bigger as she nods her head and holds up a finger. She walks back inside and calls up the steps for Taehyung.

The familiar deep voice calls back down. I could already feel the old feelings spring back up inside me. Mrs. Kim walks toward us and tells us to come in while we wait for Taehyung to come down the stairs.

We oblige and she closes the door behind us "I'll make some of my famous cookies while you all are here." She pats my shoulder and
walks into the Kitchen. Y/N and I look at each other, knowing very well Taehyung's mother can't cook.

At all.

Period.

Soon we hear a door close and footsteps making their way down the stairs, only to stop abruptly. There he was, Kim Taehyung. His eyes widen as he stares down at us, Y/N really.

"Y/N." He finally speaks out as he slowly makes his way down the rest of the stairs. She smiles at him as he comes towards her "Tae." She immediately wraps her arms around him, him slowly doing the same. He looks up at me, but I look away to avoid eye contact.

They finally pull away and he places his hands in his hoodie"W-What are you doing here?" "Well, I heard that you were back and I wanted to see you!" He nods once and looks over at me.

"Um, let's take a seat and talk about all that I missed." He pointedly says, directing us toward the living room "How is everyone, any new relationships?" Y/N and I look at each other and chuckle.

I nod and he raises his brows "Between-" He motions between us and I shake my head "Between Yoongi and Jimin." Y/N says, stifling a giggle.
His mouth gaps open "For real?" We nod. He places his head in his palm "Cool." All of us laugh.

"How's school?" I look up at him to see him slightly smiling. "Schools alright, I'm doing a lot better than I imagined." He says with a chuckle.

"Where's your brother, Y/N?" "He's at home at the moment, I believe he's ordering pizza an inviting Namjoon and Hoseok over." He nods and takes a moment to think "So, It's somewhat of a party?" A smirk finds his way to his face. Y/N was confused, but I knew exactly what he was saying. I shake my head and he laughs.

"Yeah?"

"No."

"Come on, it'll be fun!"

"Um, what's going on?" We look over at Y/N who was clueless on what was going on. Tae stands up and grins proudly "How about we throw a party?" I sigh heavily when Y/N agrees with the idea.

——

"Y/N!" I yell at her through the loud music blaring. She's drunk and grinding against other sweaty bodies.
I was getting pissed. Dammit Taehyung! This was supposed to be a small house party at Y/N's, but because of Taehyung, he made it into a wild club. He even said — and I quote "Think of it as a "welcome back" party."

I walk over to a couch and take a seat, keeping my eyes on Y/N, making sure no one touches her inappropriately.
"Kookie." I look up to see Tae sitting down next to me. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and grins "Why aren't you partying with Y/N?" I look back at Y/N and shrug.

"Yo, what's up?" He shouts through the loud music as he takes a sip of whatever the weird substance is in his drink. He looks at me concerned as I don't reply "Jungkookie, is it because of me?" I glance at him and slightly shake my head. He sighs and pulls his arm off of me, sitting properly so he could talk to me better. He looks over at Y/N for a second then turns back to me.

"Jungkook, you need to tell her how you feel-" "–I have, believe me. Plenty of times." "And?" I grunt and slump in my seat. He sighs and leans back as well. He dangles the shot glass in his hand as it becomes quiet between us.

"Talk to her and make sure she understands and ask her how she feels. Don't stop trying, Kookie." He looks at me and smiles reassuringly. I nod and stare at Y/N. I stand up and make my way towards her, Tae yelling my name behind me.

"Y/N." She looks up at me and smiles.
I grab her wrist and pull her out the house "Where a-are we going?"

"To my house."

I rush up the stairs so I wouldn't be questioned by my mother of why I brought home some drunk girl.
Tightening my grip on Y/N's hand, I open my bedroom door and pull her in. I immediately close the door afterward and lock it.

I sit down and softly sit her beside me.
Her face was flushed from the alcohol in her system. She looked so...

"Jungkookie?" I blink and look at her
"Y-Yes?" I curse myself for stuttering in front of her, despite being in a drunken state "It's not polite to stare, you're embarrassing me." She places her hand on my face and leans towards me. I stiffen and could feel my cheeks start burning.

"W-W-What're you d-doing?" She giggles and gets even more closer, our noses practically touching "You're so cute when you stutter, Kookie!"

I smile slightly and nod my head. "I should be the one calling you cute." She giggles again and lowers her gaze to my lips, slightly biting hers. It felt like the time had stopped. We were both staring at each other's lips, wanting to so badly kiss one another.

"K-Kookie.." She whispers. She leans in more, this time, our lips connecting.
I close my eyes, the feeling so natural.
I bring my hand up to her neck to deepen the passionate kiss we were sharing.

Then I realize something. I break away from the kiss and catch my breath, her doing the same. This isn't why I brought her here. I felt like a fool. She looks at me confused on what I was doing. I sigh and turn away from her "Jungkook?"

I slowly shake my head. She takes a deep breath and moves back, now sitting next to me. It goes silent between us, somehow it wasn't awkward, just very quiet. I fiddle with the hem of my shirt. I didn't mean to blow her off like that and I didn't attend for us to kiss either.

"Y/N." I turn back to her, she slowly looks up at me. My gaze falls to my lap "I'm sorry." I say softly "I didn't mean for this to go like-" "Then why'd you bring me here?" My eyes widen and I look up at her. She had a pained expression on her face.

I brought her here to tell her how I felt, that's all...right?

"Because.." I start, my throat becomes dry all of a sudden "I-I wanted to tell you how I felt." I look up at her, she was staring back "I know how you feel." I feel a little ache in my heart as she says that.

"Then, how come nothing is happening between us?"

Finally, we were getting somewhere. I needed to know everything that was going on in her head at this very moment. She slightly shrugs and let's a sigh escape her mouth "I-I'm afraid.." She stammers. I could tell she was on the verge of crying "Afraid?"

"Of loving again."