Family Matters

I woke up next to Rixon and smiled when I found his hair all over the pillows and a dried line of drool on his chin. I wiped my eyes and then cupped his chin and kissed his lips softly before I slid out of the bed.

Tomorrow was the night we went and attacked the Hunters and there was a few things I needed to handle before then. I got dressed wincing at the pain in my lower back but not caring too much as I got on jeans, a blue shirt, and yellow converse. I slid out of the room and went straight next door before knocking.

I heard the headboard hitting the wall but paid no mind knowing these kids would get over it.

"BUSY!" Nathan shouted and I just rolled my eyes as the headboard smacking the wall got louder and faster. I knocked again.

"FUCK! Go get the door," Hank yelled and I heard a loud growl before angry steps and then the door slammed open. When Nathan's eyes met mine his face dropped. He slammed the door closed as I laughed because I knew he was getting pants on.

The door opened again and I walked in and almost gagged at the smell of sex. "What's up?" I said to my parents who were both sitting on the bed in boxers.

"Um, honey. You came in here for us," Hank said and looked at Nathan. "You need something?"

I swallowed hard and then straightened my shoulders. "I thought you both hated me growing up," I said and watched as both of their eyes widened. They went to speak but I made a zip it motion, quieting them both. "When I was younger I thought my eyes were the reason you would run out of a room and disappear for hours. I never felt like I had parents but I did feel loved.

"I'm older now and I know it was because you were fucking that you would do that stuff but that's no better. You had a kid. Better yet, you chose to fucking have me and every time I needed you guys you were fucking. Imagine having to explain to everyone when you are five that your parents were having sex so you had to learn how to shift from your grandparents."

Hank was looking at his hands as Nathan bit his lip and stared at the wall. "You are amazing parents when you try to be but that was only after i found a boyfriend. It took me having to find a guy for you guys to start paying attention to me."

"Baby-"

"Shut up, please. Just listen," I snapped at Hank. "I don't even call you guys Papa and Dad anymore! I stopped that when i was what? Eight. You guys didn't even notice. Like I said, it took dating Ash to get you guys to actually notice me. A guy who obviously pushed sex on me but you guys knew nothing different so you both didn't care or notice at least.

"I don't hate either one of you. The only reason I am in here saying this stuff is because I needed you to know why I hate people touching me or why I can't stand being near people for so long. I never had parents and that is the stuff you learn from them. You either really want companionship or not at all. I chose not at all. I chose to distance myself from everyone but my cousins."

"Zyler, we're sorry," Nathan said.

"That's not what i want from you though," I said. "I want you to realize you abandoned your son and own up to it. I want you to never- ever let me be alone again."

Hank got up with his boxers on and hugged me. "We were so young," Hank said into my hair. "We only had a kid because Nathan's brothers were having them. It was irresponsible but we always wanted you, Zy. We love you so much."

"I wish you had waited," I whispered as Nathan came over to us.

Nathan laughed. "I don't. You grew up so strong and independent. Maybe we weren't the best parents but you still grew up better than we could have ever hoped and that is with those two different eyes and anger problems from hell."