Skinny Love (Tanizaki Junichirou)

Aye, my first time writing Tanizaki! It was requested by zelda_hime_684, hope you enjoy!

And another reminder I'll have is that I haven't been able to update recently because school officially started last week. So there might be times I'll be on hiatus, but hopefully I can write on weekends!

You've been dating Tanizaki for at least an year now and you couldn't be any more happier to be with him. He would always worry about you when you're 'sick', even if you have the slightest migraine. He would always offer you to go to a small coffee shop down the street during lunch breaks as like a little date. He was the best boyfriend you could ever ask for. But there was one thing that always bothered you.

He never told you he loved you.

Ever since he asked you out, he never said those three words. This got you wondering: Does Tanizaki actually love you?

You didn't want to think about such a silly question like that. Of course he loved you! He showed it, but still...

You weren't satisfied.

The next day, Tanizaki asked you if you could go to the movies with him. You accepted. Maybe it was a good time to talk about what was on your mind. So Tanizaki patiently waited at the front doors of the theater. He gave you a slight awkward-ish wave and smiled sheepishly. You grinned, taking his hand and leading him into the theater. The two of you watched a romance movie which were very tragic and depressing. The male protagonist whispered those three words you wanted to hear from your boyfriend:

'I love you.'

For some reason, you couldn't cry during this scene. All you could feel deep inside your heart was it was slowly crumbling away into little rubles. Tanizaki teared up a little bit so you patted him on the back and gave him a warm hug as he ran his fingers through your hair and gave you a kiss on the forehead. Normal boyfriends would say, 'I love you' while doing this but not Tanizaki. He quickly pulled away as you two watched the credits roll down on the big screen. Once you were outside with him, it was quiet between you and Tanizaki. But you thought this was a perfect chance to tell him.

"Tanizaki?" you looked up at him, walking in front of him so he would stop.

"Yes, (F/N) chan?" he gave you that pure, innocent smile of his and you couldn't help but to blush.

"I-I've been thinking about something that I need to tell you." you were trying to look serious, but your hands were shaking violently. You were nervous.

"What's wrong, (F/N) chan? Are you sure you want to tell me? You seem a little frightened." he pointed to your hands as you formed them into fists, resisting the motion of them.

"Yes. I need to tell you this. I've been thinking about it for so long."

"Alright. I'm all ears." he stepped closer to you, with his eyes and ears all focused on you.

"Tanizaki kun..." your heart started to beat faster and faster, feeling your cheeks rise.

"Do you love me?"

Tanizaki gave you a perplexed look, tilting his head to the side. "W-Well, of course I do. What else would it be?"

"But you never tell me that. You never tell me that you love me and I'm honestly torn because of it..." your hands started to shake again.

Tanizaki was speechless for a moment. "You should know that I do. I really do."

You felt something roll down your cheeks. You were crying. "No you don't. If you do, you would say 'I love you', not 'I do' or 'I really do'!"

Startled, he grabbed your shoulders to comfort you but you slapped his hands away. His eyes widened to see endless tears streaming down your cheeks, your eyes shattered with pain. "(F/N) chan, I really-"

"Maybe... You don't love me?"

Now this is what got him uptight and uneasy. "(F/N), what are you talking about? Why are you asking me this all of a sudden? We've been dating for a year! We shouldn't remind ourselves!"

"You're telling me everything I want to say. If you understand, then why don't you say it?" you sniffed.

"....."

"I knew it. All these days we had together was a lie. I can't believe I ever trusted you." you said with a disappointing look. You turned around in your heels as you walked away, leaving the poor boy out alone...

The next few days were a blur. You didn't break up with him and he didn't break up with you. You just needed a break and so did he. You and Tanizaki both needed to think about the relationship you two were engaging in. The other people in the Armed Detective Agency could feel the tension between you and Tanizaki and they tried the best they can to put you back together. Even Tanizaki's little sister didn't seem to comprehend his brother's emotion and love towards you. Naomi told you that he tells her that he loves her, but not to you. You sighed. Maybe it was the best to call it an end?

After a long tiring day of work, you walked back to your small home. It was always dark and lonely these days since Tanizaki doesn't come to visit you anymore. You walked slowly up to your pitch black room and once you were halfway into your room, the door closed behind you. You spun around to see, but the room was so dark you couldn't even make out a shadow. There were no sound, just the thumping sound of your heart. Your legs shook and so did your hands. You were scared of the dark.

"T-Tanizaki kun...." you whimpered, calling for his help but you knew he wouldn't come and rescue you. You suddenly felt the presence closing in between you as you stepped back until your back came in contact with a wall. You could hear and feel their breath closer now as they grabbed both of your arms and pinned them to the wall.

You squeaked in fear. "Tanizaki... Please help me..." you cried until you heard a voice.

"I'm right here, (F/N)." the breath brushed up against your lips until suddenly, the lights in your room turned back on. The heat immediately rushed up against your face when you saw your boyfriend's face so close to yours as he was pinning you to the wall.

"T-Tanizaki! W-What are you doing in my room?! And get off of me!!" you plead as you tried to wiggle free from his grip but he pushed your arms down harder.

"No."

"Why? Just please, let go of me!"

"I want you to listen to me. Please, (F/N) chan."

"I won't! I can't! You won't say it!" you continued to whine as all your emotions from the night slowly started to swallow you. "I will not-"

Your voice was abruptly stopped when you felt his pair of soft lips smash against yours but turned into a slow and caressing kiss. You felt your hands relax as well as Tanizaki's too and dropped your arms to wrap it around his neck. It wasn't the first time you kissed him. But it was most definitely the first time that it was a passionate kiss.

Once he pulled away with his flushed face, he rested his forehead on the crook of your neck and stayed there for awhile and said:

"I love you."

It took a awhile to process what just went on through your mind and what he just said. Tanizaki was even more nervous saying that rather than kissing you. He pulled away again and looked deep down into your glittery (Eye Color) eyes.

"I love you, (F/N) chan. I love you so much."

And you were right after all.

He was the best boyfriend you could ever ask for.

Skinny Love (n):

when two people love each other but are too shy to admit it but they still show it

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Ahhh I feel like my one shots are getting worse!!

I can't concentrate at all because of school ;-;

Why school.... Why must you make me suffer D: