Chapter 20: Back To Life

Mason believes he has seen it all. First his best friend becomes a freaking werewolf. Cool, right? Not.

Mason had seen his best friend ruin the best relationship in his life without him even knowing it was broken before it was too late. Mason would have liked to believe that Liam would have tried everything and anything to get Anna back. Was he surprised when he started hanging out with Hayden? Hell, yeah.

The worst part was, Liam didn't really care about Hayden, at least not in that way. Mason knows Liam, probably better than he knows himself.

Which is why he was so surprised to see Liam almost kill Scott because of a girl he could care less about. It was always Anna for Liam. And when Liam said her name, Mason didn't even process before telling him that Hayden was dead. He didn't hear the McCall girl's name slip from the beta's lips.

If he had, Liam would've stayed. Liam would've been with Anna in her final moments. But he didn't.

Now, after Melissa had somehow brought her son back to life, Mason isn't even surprised when Liam calls him.

"Where is she?" Liam demands over the phone.

"Who, Liam?" Mason asks exasperatedly.

"I thought you meant her. Where is she, Mason?" Liam repeats desperately. "Where's Anna?"

Mason goes silent at the mention of his fallen friend. With Hayden, he was able to say she was gone. With Anna... How could such a girl ever be gone?

"No. Mason, tell me she's ok. Please tell me she's there, with you, laughing at something with Hannah. O-Or crying over my dumbs mistakes." Liam begs.

"Parrish took her a little while ago." Mason tells him. "Theo... Theo killed her."

Liam goes silent but Mason can hear him crying. "I never apologized."

"I'm glad you know how much you hurt her." Mason clenches his jaw. "But she wanted me to tell you something. Not that I have any idea as to why you deserve it. I'm your friend, Liam, but you were just—"

"I know. I'm a horrible, jacked-up sophomore. I'm a horrible person and don't deserve what Anna gave to me. Just, tell me what she wanted me to know. Please." Liam's voice cracks and Mason can tell how much Liam cared about Anna McCall.

"She wanted you to know that she loved you." Mason sighs. "She loved you, man. So much."

*****************

"Come on, Lydia. Come on!" Theo hisses as he brings the catatonic banshee to a stop in front of the Nemeton. Theo's eyes rake over the bodies of the dead chimeras. His eyes land on five in particular: Tracy, half kanima-half werewolf; Josh, absorbs electricity; Corey, can become invisible; Hayden, half were-jaguar- half werewolf. The fifth chimera lis on top of the Nemeton. "Watch this, Lydia." Theo instructs. "You think you lost your mind?" He asks as he injects Tracy with a strange liquid. "Well, watch this!" Tracy gasps, life coming back to her.

Next is Corey. Then Josh and Hayden. All of the gasp awake, confused and disorientated. Theo stands over the fifth chimera and injects the last of the liquid. Anna wakes with a starts, looking around for her brother when her eyes land on her killer. 
Theo jumps in front of the group as they all stand. "What— what's happening?" Hayden asks.

"Who are you?" Tracy questions.

"I'm your Alpha." Theo announces. "And all of you," He points to each chimera, landing on Anna last. "All of you belong to me."

Anna doesn't have control of her feet as she and the rest of her new pack follow her new Alpha out of the woods. "Anna!" Allison screams, trying to get her attention. Allison glances between Lydia and the McCall girl. "Anna, you have to snap out of it! Help her!"

"I can't." Anna mutters.

"Anna, fight it!" Allison orders. "He's not your Alpha. Scott is."

"Scott's dead." Anna breathes.

"No, he's not. I saw him with my own eyes." Allison says truthfully. "Your mother brought him back. Snap out of it, Anna."

"I'm sorry, Allison." Anna whispers.

"Anna! ANNA!!"

AHHHHHHHH!!! SEASON 5B IS DONE!!!!! Quick question: should 5B be in a separate book or should I just continue this one?

Hope you enjoyed!!