Chapter 21: Scott's Pack

Anna, Hayden, and Theo walk down the tunnels, searching for another chimera named Noah. "He was here." Hayden suddenly states.

"What else can you tell me?" Theo asks softly.

"Why don't you tell me how I knew that?" Hayden fires back.

"Noah's part berserker. You're part jaguar. You'll be drawn to each other. " Theo tells her. Anna's mind goes back to Kate and her bone-men. She remembers that Liam was terrified of the berserkers and can't help but think back to other things about Liam.

"Is that why I'm here with you?" Hayden asks.

"I saved your life." Anna is tempted to scoff. As if that's a reason to repay him. For Anna, he was both her savior and her killer. 

Hayden's eyebrows scrunch together and Anna notices. "What?" She questions.

"I think he's dying." Hayden whispers. "That means they're going to find him."

"Probably already have." Theo sighs. 

"Why am I here?" Anna finds herself asking. "Hayden's connected to Noah, but I have no connections to were-jaguars or berserkers."

"You're here because you can sense the dead." Theo reminds her. Her eyes glance over at Allison, who is glaring holes into Theo's head. "If Noah's here, we'll find him."

The trio keep walking with Allison trailing behind them. They get to an intersection and Anna freezes, a chill washing over her. "What's wrong?" Hayden asks.

Anna looks down to see a splash of silver. They all kneel down and Anna tentatively touches the mercury. Somehow, she knows that Noah is no longer alive. "He's gone." Anna sighs.

Theo inhales sharply. "We could've used him."

Anna wants to snap at him for thinking of other chimeras as things he can use at will when she notices something on the wall. "For what?" Hayden asks as Anna stands. The other chimera notice and stand to face the wall as well. "What is that?"

A smile breaks onto Allison's and Anna's faces. "A symbol." Theo answers tensely. "A symbol for an Alpha and his pack."

"Whose pack?" Hayden inquires. 

"Scott's." Anna breathes. "Scott's pack."

*****************

*****************

"It was more than a symbol, wasn't it?" Valack asks Lydia. Her pillow is stained red from where the drill went into her head. "It was a promise to reunite them."

"Yes," Lydia answers simply.

"But has Scott done it yet? Will he be coming for you?" Valack questions desperately. The door to the area of the building buzzes.

"Someone's coming. But it's not Scott." Lydia whispers.

Valack walks out to see Theo's pack walking towards him. He does a quick scan and frowns, not seeing Anna McCall.

"You don't wanna do this, Theo. She's safe in here. The Dread Doctors don't know how important she is yet." Valack warns.

Theo looks back at a half shifted Tracy. She quickly pins the doctor to the wall, snarling in his face threateningly. Theo, Josh, and Corey walk into Lydia's room.

"She doesn't look good." Josh scoffs.

"She has a hole in her head." Corey points out. "It's not a good look for anyone."

Theo moves her head to inspect the hole. "I can't believe this is actually a medical establishment." He mutters. "Pick her up." He orders. "We're getting her out of here."

Valack watches and Theo notices his watchful gaze. "We aren't stupid, Valack." Theo reminds him. "I know you want Anna for the same reason you want Lydia. I wouldn't just bring her to you."

"Now what would a pack of Chimeras want with a Banshee?" Valack asks, avoiding the topic of the McCall girl.

"I don't want a Banshee. I'm looking for a Hellhound." Theo announces. At the end of the hall, Parrish claws at the gate, his whole body aflame. The gate melts at his touch and falls to the ground.

"You wanted a Hellhound... I think you found one." Valack states. His eyes travel to the glowing royal blue eyes behind the hellhound and he smirks. "And I just found my clairvoyant."

Eh? EH?! DO YOU LIKE IT SO FAR? AM I DOING GOOD? Sorry, it's slow for right now, but I promise it will pick up!!