Chapter 28: Running Out Of Time

As Stiles and Theo chase down the trio, Liam and Scott arrive at Meredith Walker's room to find her catatonic. Scott kneels down next to her and holds her hand. "Hey, Meredith, can you hear me?" He asks softly. "We need your help. We're trying to find Lydia. We're trying to get her out of here."

"Scott, I think we better go," Liam says urgently, looking out into the halls.

"Meredith, listen." Scott tries to get her to listen. "There has to be another way to get to Lydia. We can't get past the mountain ash. How do we find her?"

"Scott," Liam calls his name again, seeing as Meredith is staying still.

Scott releases a devastated sigh as he stands up. Just as his hand is about to leave hers, she grabs his fingers. He looks back as she moves his hand to the back of her neck. "I could hurt you," Scott tells her. She lets go of his hand, letting it rest on her neck. "Ok." Scott whispers.

He flicks his claws out. Meredith gasps as Scott's claws sink into her skin.

Scott opens his eyes to see Meredith standing at the end of a long, dark corridor. "Meredith?" He calls, walking forward. The banshee starts to lead the Alpha down the halls of Eichen's Closed Unit without saying a word.

When Scott turns the corner, his eyes widen. Lydia sits on the ground with her hands clamped over her ears. She grimaces in pain and leans back and forth. Lydia lets out a pain filled scream.

"She doesn't have much time," Meredith says from beside Scott.

"What's happening to her?" Scott inquires.

"She's being consumed by her power." Meredith answers. "Dr. Valack thinks it's worth it if she can answer the question."

"What question?" Scott asks.

"Who is the Beast?"

"She can answer that?" Scott turns to her, wide-eyed.

"Not yet. Not until the screams in her head are loud enough to kill her. And even then, Valack still needs someone else."

"Who? Who does he need?" Scott demands. His question is answered when is eyes drift to the cell behind Meredith. A girl sits against the wall with the Dread Doctors' goggles over her eyes. She cries out in pain as blood pours down her face from where the goggles connect with her skin.

"A clairvoyant." Meredith replies as Scott watches Anna helplessly.

"How do I get to them?" Scott asks urgently.

"You can't. You won't be able to get past the mountain ash." Meredith says. "But someone else might be able to."

"Who?"

"The Hellhound." Meredith looks almost fearful.

"You mean Parrish?" Scott questions, confused.

"They're connected. Find the Hellhound, and he'll find those who find death: the banshee and the clairvoyant."

Lydia lets out another ear-splitting scream, this time, accompanied by Anna as well.

Scott lets his claws retract from Meredith's neck and she sighs in relief. The door opens and a big orderly stands, staring at the Alpha. The man falls forward tho reveal Liam. "Is he out?" Liam pants.

"Yeah." Scott answers.

"Ok." Liam gives Scott a thumbs up before falling to the ground. Scott is instantly at his side, helping him up.

"We have to go, now," Scott tells the sophomore with urgency.

"Just give me a—" Liam starts.

"Valack doesn't only have Lydia." Scott states. "He has Anna too."

Hope you enjoyed! Sorry it's sort of short, but the next one is like 2,000 words. Be ready, guys!!!