Chapter 30: Frequencies

Anna wakes up in her room, on a comfy bed. She groans softly as she looks around. She finds Liam asleep next to her, his hand holding hers. "Liam?" She calls softly.

"Mmm." He mutters.

"Liam." She chuckles, shaking their intertwined hands.

He jerks up, blue eyes bleary with sleep.

"What happened?" He asks, looking around.

"You're adorable." Anna laughs. Liam looks back at her, sleep evaporating from his eyes. His blue hues lock onto the irritated area around her eyes as she turns over to face him fully.

"You're awake." He states lamely. Anna chuckles.

"I am." She smiles at him. She snuggles into the pillow but winces in pain as the fabric runs up against her face.

"Are you ok? What hurts?" Liam demands worriedly.

"I'm fine." She says. "Just my eyes." Liam's hand slowly reaches her face and caresses her cheek. Her eyes flutter closed as she sighs. "Stop taking away my pain."

"Ok." Liam lies, his veins turning black.

"Liam, I'm serious." She whispers.

"So am I." Liam lets go and leans his head down so they are on the same plane. "I was worried."

"So was I." She responds. "Theo's gonna kill me."

"I won't let him," Liam tells her softly.

"I know you won't. Doesn't mean I'm not worried." She points out before attempting to sit up.

"What are you doing? You need to rest." Liam orders.

"But that's boring as hell." Anna reminds him.

"No, no, no, no." Liam pushes her back in the bed. She sends him a playful glare. "You are staying here, ok? I need to know that you're safe."

"I'm safer with you," Anna says.

A knock sounds at the door and both teens look up. Scott pokes his head in and smiles at them. "Sorry to interrupt—"

"Not sorry at all!" Stiles says from behind the door.

"But we need to borrow Liam." Scott finishes his thought.

"Parrish is on the move, so if you could hurry? Please?" Stiles adds. Liam looks back at Anna pleadingly.

"Oh fine. Have all the fun without me." She teases. "All of you come back in one piece, please!" She demands as Liam happily kisses her cheek before running after the seniors.

"Don't worry!" Scott yells up. She giggles before relaxing in her bed.

"Those boys are going to give me a heart attack." She mutters before pulling herself out of bed. She walks down to the kitchen and grabs a glass of water.

Before she can take a sip, she hears a door open and close. "Scott? You here?" Melissa yells out, walking towards the kitchen.

She freezes when she sees Anna standing at the counter. "Mom." She breathes.

Instead of speaking, Melissa runs over to her baby girl and crushes her in a hug. "Oh, my baby girl." She whispers as Anna breathes in her mother's scent. "You're safe."

Anna doesn't speak. She's just happy to be back home, with her mom and brother and boyfriend. For a moment, she forgets all the crap that's happened and what still has yet to come.

*****************

"Mason said it's not just a transmitted frequency. It's high powered. Like it has to be a really strong signal." Liam says over the phone.