Chapter 21: Never Ever Disobey The Alpha

Anna sits alone in a place she only knows from her dreams: the Dread Doctors' hideout where they experimented on teenagers. Theo had disappeared, Tracy and Josh went to go look around while Corey went to check up on his family.

In the short time since Theo brought them all back to life, Hayden and Anna had talked. Not the small chit-chat you have with your friend, but the talk about Liam. Hayden knew that Liam only really loved Anna. The only reason he was with Hayden was to try and not think about his broken heart. Or so Hayden believed.

When Anna heard this, she asked her to check on him, to make sure he was alright. When Hayden asked if she wanted to go, Anna responded with silence. Why didn't she want to go? Maybe it was because she couldn't face him, or maybe it was her own guilt, but she refused to see him.

With Hayden gone, Anna has been sitting in silence. The only sound in the room is dripping water until a familiar girl walks in front of the brunette. "I messed up, didn't I?" Anna asks, looking into brown eyes.

"You didn't mess up." Allison shakes her head.

"But I left Lydia." Anna runs a hand through her hair.

"That's where I've been," Allison admits. "Parrish found her and took her to the hospital. Scott's alive and healing. Healing slowly, but healing none the less. Stiles is falling apart because the sheriff is hurt—"

"What do you mean?" Anna questions, eyes widening.

"Theo did something. The sheriff is dying." Allison tells her.

"Why would Theo do something to the sheriff? I mean, he has nothing to do with anything..." Anna trails off. "Unless it was a distraction."

"Theo used him to make sure Stiles didn't interrupt Liam and Scott." Allison agrees.

"What about everyone else?"

"Kira is still off with her parents. Malia is looking for the Desert Wolf. And Mason, Hannah and Liam are—"

"I don't want to know." Anna says quickly.

"Why not? You love him—"

"He obviously didn't feel the same way." Anna sighs. "No matter what Hayden thought."

"Anna, I know he hurt you but..." Allison pauses. "Someone's here."

"Who?" Anna asks fearfully. "Is it them?"

"Who are you talking to, Anna?" Anna turns to see Theo at the doorway.

"Myself." Anna lies.

"You're lying." Theo accuses as he walks over to her.

"What did you do to Stiles' dad?" Anna asks.

"Nothing the hospital can't fix." Theo smirks. "But I would really like to know where you heard he was hurt."

Anna stays silent as Theo cups her face softly before yanking her hair back. "I know you can see the dead, Anna." He sneers. Anna whimpers in his grasp, too afraid to move. "Not quite a banshee, but clairvoyant. Who were you talking to?"

"Someone long dead." Anna gulps.

Theo seems to buy it as he tosses her to the ground. "I don't want anyone knowing you're alive yet, understand?" Anna nods frantically. "Good, I have to meet Stiles and you, my little ghost whisperer, are going to stay here until I tell you to come out of the shadows."

Theo stalks off, leaving Anna a terrified heap on the ground. She refuses to cry as she stands up.

There was one thing she knew for sure: Theo Raeken scared her. He scared her enough that she would do whatever he asks and never, ever disobey.

*****************

"Allison..." Anna strains her ears as she looks around for the girl worriedly. "Allison!"

"Anna? What's wrong?" Allison asks, appearing next to her.

"I hear them." Anna breathes. "I hear the Dread Doctors."

Clicking sounds echo through the tunnels, making Anna shake in fear. "I-I don't want to die again."

"You won't." Allison assures her. "Who else do you hear?"

Anna blinks away the tears as she listens. Her eyes open and they brighten in recognition. "Scott. Scott's here. He's alive."

"I told you that."

"I didn't believe you." Allison sends a look Anna's way and the girl shrugs. "Sorry."

"You have to find them. Go after them." Allison tells her.

"No!" Anna exclaims. "What if they kill me? Allison, I can't—"

"I've died before, Anna. You have to find them."

"Theo said—"

"I don't care about Theo! Neither do you. You care about your brother and if you don't find him, there's a good chance the Dread Doctors will kill him. You have to find him, Anna."

Anna hesitates for a moment before sprinting down the tunnels. The clicking sound gets louder and she runs faster. She turns a corner and freezes. There, in front of her, stand all three Dread Doctors facing down the other hall.

"We're going to be ok." She hears Scott tell someone. The Dread Doctors move out of view and Anna moves down the hall, hiding behind the wall.

"Scott, we're going to die down here." Malia states.

"No, we're not." Scott repeats.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because you're not the only one that I called." Anna, confused, looks at Allison. The huntress moves out from Anna's hiding place and looks down at the members of the once great McCall pack.

"Dad?" Allison breathes before a powerful voice booms through the tunnels.

"Get down!" Chris Argent yells, shooting at the Dread Doctors. Anna pushes down a scream at the loud noises as Chris continues to shoot. "Run!" Chris yells at the seniors.

Anna chances a peak to see the teenagers run away with Chris not far behind them. The older hunter's eyes land on Anna and she quickly runs away.

She doesn't stop running until she gets back to the hideout. She tries to take deep breaths but she knows that the Argent saw her. "Theo's gonna kill me." She mutters.

"That's right." She yelps and sees Theo and Tracy walking towards her. "Where were you?" Theo demands.

"I thought I heard them. I'm sorry." Anna whimpers. "I just— They can't get to me again, ok? I'm sorry."

"You really are, aren't you?" Theo tilts his head to the side. "I'll let you off with a warning, this time, Anna. Next time..." Theo shrugs. "I won't be as nice."

Hey!! I'm back from my retreat!! And another chapter is coming out soon, ok? Like in 15 mins, soon. Hope you enjoyed!