TWENTY-EIGHT

"Love's the sweetest feeling. Openly believing. No matter what we find there. Come back in through the eyes there."

***

    CHRISTMAS HAD COME AND GONE in the blink of an eye

    CHRISTMAS HAD COME AND GONE in the blink of an eye. When Alice and Draco arrived back at the Manor that night, they found the Dark Lord in Lucius' study, and told him what they had heard from the worker at The Three Broomsticks.

    "My Lord, nobody had seen him, it was just to throw us off." Alice had explained as Tom Riddle nodded, pleased that she had used her background knowledge to put two and two together.

    "Very well, good insight, Alice. You may leave now." Rushing out of the room, Draco and Alice headed back to their rooms.

    It was now the end of March, and unsurprisingly, their parents wouldn't let them go to Hogwarts, much to Alice's dismay, so for the past several months they remained in the manor helping with tasks.

Holland Parkinson and Cara Macmillan, however, had to attend Hogwarts, due to Lord Voldemort's request of their parents. Goyle and Blaise had apparently went back to Hogwarts, as well, or that's what Alice got from the few owls Holland sent.

    Sending owls from Hogwarts had proved difficult due to everything going on at the school. Severus Snape had taken place as Headmaster, and from Holland's perspective, things could've been going better.

    In her letter she stated: "Alice, Oh Merlin, I know we're supposed to 'hate' Muggle-born's, but... This is mental. The Carrows are literally torturing students with the Cruciatus Curse in detention."

    Saddened for her friends having to be at school during the middle of a rebellion, Alice was just glad she wasn't there.

-

Alice Rowle wasn't very masculine, she was weak and gullible. She knew that just using her magic wouldn't help her and decided to train with Yaxley's son who was skilled in combat.

    "This is so difficult," She groaned as she got off the ground for the third time.

    Edward, Yaxley's son, laughed, "Alice, we've only been practicing for ten minutes."

The two continued to "fight," in the courtyard, jabbing one another with their wands on occasion, until Edward decided to forget the use of them.

"Just hand to hand combat, no wands." He said, "If you were to lose your wand, or your opponent was, you could always do this."