THIRTY - PART ONE

"It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay though never quite eradicated."
– Albus Dumbledore

***

THE BATTLE OF HOGWARTS
SECOND OF MAY, 1998

***

    STUDENTS AND FACULTY screamed as Death Eaters broke into the castle

STUDENTS AND FACULTY screamed as Death Eaters broke into the castle. Nobody had turned Harry Potter in, although Pansy Parkinson had tried, resulting in the deterioration of the protective shields placed outside of Hogwarts.

Holland Parkinson and Cara Macmillan huddled together in the dungeons beside Blasie and Goyle. Holland was crying, upset she was stuck in the dungeons, while there was a fight going on above them.

Alice and Draco, however, were still walking towards the Hogwarts grounds. They had split from their parents and the Dark Lord, who were going to the Forbidden Forest.

"So, we have to go to the Room of Requirement, get the Diadem and hide it?"

Nodding her head, Alice looked at Draco, "We have to find Holland and Cara, first."

Draco groaned, "But, what if Potter is looking for what we're looking for. He's going to destroy it before we get ahold of it."

Alice sighed, "My friends are more important than protecting some mans soul."

Draco nodded, holding her hand as they Apparated to the Slytherin dungeons. Right on time an explosion had gone off, the dungeons opening. Alice grabbed Cara and Holland's shirts, Draco grabbing Blaise and Goyle.

In a blurry haze, Holland and Cara had jumped into Alice's arms, hugging their best friend who they hadn't seen in almost a year.

"I've missed you," Holland said to Alice, wiping the tears from under her eyes. "What's going on?"

Alice shook her head, mind boggled, "Too much to explain, you'll see later, but right now we've got to do something. Draco, lets go."

Running past bodies, the young witches and wizards ran up the stairs to the seventh floor where the Room of Requirement was located. Draco and Alice noticed Harry, Hermione, and Ron enter the room before them.

Alice turned to Holland, Cara, and Blaise. "Stay here, we'll be right back."

"C'mon, Goyle, we'll need you for protection." Alice laughed as Draco told him that, he was a big guy.