Bourbon

You slid your black lace dress on. It showed you bare back and it flowed to the ground. You let your hair fall into curls as you slip on your high heels.

It was the night. All the week, Lex has been sending you gifts and letters forcing you to go to the party and you didn't have the courage to turn him down.

You look at your reflection on the mirror on last time and head to the stairs. You get inside the helicopter, your ride to Metropolis. When you got there, you were fetched by your driver to Lex's party.

There were a lot of people, mostly reporters and photographers crowding the entrance. You grew nervous. You have company here, you don't even know who's coming besides this is Lex's party.

When your driver opens your door, you slowly go out of the car. You heard people call your name but you didn't pause for them. You just went straight into the building.

You were escorted by ushers to the place as you scan the place. It was big. A waiter walk past you as you grab a sparkling champagne.

"Ah, there she is." You turn around to see Lex coming your way. "Hi, how are you?" He ask with a grin on his face.

"I'm fine Lex." You say and took a sip of your bubbling champagne.

"Wanna come to my office?" He ask resting his hand on his hips.

"What for?" You raise your brow and bring your glass of champagne down.

"Talk," He says shrugging. You smile in agreement as he grab you by arm and lead you to his office a little away from the crowd.

He pushed the big wooden doors as you see the room. It wasn't like any of the surroundings outside, it was vintage.

"This room's different." You state as he went to the corner and poured himself bourbon. By this time, you could tell he loved to drink.

"This was my father's, I decided to not change anything." He says and handed you a glass. You took it and followed him sit on the couch.

"Well it's beautiful." You say and drink the glass of bourbon.

"Every woman I bring here, thinks these room is bad and I should change it. But you," He paused as he looked at you and your eyes met his ocean eyes. "You're different." He says and looks to the shelf full with books.

"What makes you think I'm different?" You say crossing your legs and sat back on the couch.

"You're amazing, mysterious, and those eyes, they keep me up all night." He say standing up filling his empty glass.

"Don't you think that's a bit weird to say to a girl?" You say and bring your glass up for a drink. He shook his head now as the both of you turn to the door.

"Mr. Luthor, the governor is looking for you." A girl which you assume is his assistant, peeked through the door.

"Ah, yes, I'll be there." He says as he lick his lips. You stood up and put down the glass. "I'm sorry but I have to talk to him. I'll find you later." He says as he gets out of the room.

You looked through the room and it was amazing. You've always like these types of structures because you grew up with it. You looked through the books and it was nothing interesting.

You decided to go out of the room when you saw him. He was talking to a woman. He was kind of flirting with her. And to remind you, you were still together.

He finally met your eyes as he excused himself from the woman and walked to you. "Y/n." He says calmly.

"Bruce." You reply with a low tone. "Who was that? She seems pretty." You say sarcastically.

"Just someone."

"Just someone," You whisper as you walk away.

"Just to remind you you're with him." He says quite enough for just the two of you to listen.

"I am not, you know that I'm with you." You say flying your hand in the air.

"Are you?" You silenced.

"Did I ever had a choice?" You paused closing your eyes. "Even if I did I will never be with that man." You say storming away from him. You walked so fast like a maniac looking for the bathroom. Finally you saw the lady that called Lex earlier and asked her for directions.

"Ugh, excuse me." You say taping her back as she looks at you smiling.

"What is is, Ms y/l/n?"

"Where's the bathroom?" You asks scoffing, holding back the tears.

"It's right over there, is everything all right?" She ask furrowing her brow.

"I'm perfectly fine, thank you." You say with the smile in the end and head to the bathroom.

It was empty which you shouted "YES!" in your brain.

You never wanted this to happen but you know that your relationship with Bruce will never be fixed ever again. You are not gonna feel his soft touch. You are never gonna feel his warm lips on your ever again.

You know that you're gonna miss it all. All the memories you spent together. They will be history of you and him.