Batman

You and Lex have been married for a month now and you insisted on staying at the large two story cabin near the lake that Lex owned. You could not sleep this night and the nights before. Lex's body was next to you. You can hear his light snores echoing the room. You look at him and he looked so peaceful but that could not help the fact that you can't sleep for how many nights now. There was something bothering you. But you could not make out what it was that kept your stomach crunching. You were dreading.

The sound of wood cracking, as if someone was walking on it made you sit up abruptly. Lex just mumbled words you can't quite decipher and turned his back to the other side of the bed. He wasn't quite as busy as always these months, that's why he was sleeping with you.

Weird. What was that noise?, you ask yourself. You slid your feet out of the bed and to the cold wooden floor. You drape the black robe that was lazily hanging on the chair on your shoulder. You tiptoed to the large glass slide door to the balcony and peaked through the curtains. Nobody was there. The wind was whistling really loud outside and there were dried leaves on the balcony grounds.

What was these strange noises? You asked yourself again. You shrug it off and headed downstairs to get water. Your throat was dried and water should help you. You could not afford loosing you voice, you had a report for the day after tomorrow. And having a sore throat was bad. You carefully and slowly went down the birch stairs. It was slippery so you had to be mindful on your step or else you'll fall and wake Lex up.

As you reach the end of the steps of the stairs, you felt the cold wind hit you. There were leaves all over the floor of the kitchen and the back door was open. You were too curious and made your way to the door to close it. You closed it with a silent thud and then noticed the large figure behind you. It's shadow was on the ground. It spoke.

"You're not asleep." Says Bruce in his bat suit looking at you. You were already facing him. How dare he get into this house?! You screamed in you head.

"Why are you here?" You asked, it was almost as if you were talking to yourself. Almost like a whisper to your own but Bruce heard it. He could feel the coldness in your tone. He missed you. He needed you but you turn your back on him and instead went with Lex.

"I don't know." He says and reach up to the side of his head piece and took of his mask. "I don't like talking to you in this mask."

"You are trespassing Bruce." You cut him short. You slip your arms inside the robes and wrapped it around your body. Bruce looked down to you and noticed.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"If you wanted to talk, you could've just told me that you want to. I'm always free when it comes to you Bruce. You are my—" You paused realizing that he isn't the one anymore. Realizing that you were just married with Lex.

"Your what y/n?" He questions. You could see the hint of curiosity in his eyes. You don't know what he was to you. Not anymore.

"I don't know Bruce." You simply say. "I don't know." You say, your voice small and quiet.

"You should get out." You say after looking at the floor for about a minute. You two weren't making that much noise. It was as if you were talking through your minds. You two didn't even realize how close you were until you were removed from dazing.

"I might have had regrets Bruce." You sighed deeply. "I though, well, we both thought the wedding was good for me, but I guess—it's not." You bite the inside of your cheeks, fighting the urge to cry. "I am tired of Lex, he's just too—secretive." You let out while Bruce took your hand.

"It's okay y/n."

"No, it's not. I can't go back to the past. If only you had the courage to—" You paused, you were making too much noise. What will Lex say when he sees you down there with Bruce. You toned down a bit and let the tears fall from your eyes.

Bruce took you with his arms and pulled your body to his chest. Even through the thick batsuit, you could hear the loud thumps of his heart. It was heart warming. You now realized what was bugging you. It was bad marriage. You realized how fake you were to yourself. You realized how you never loved Lex. You realized how stupid and cold you were to Bruce. You realized that things were too late and it could not be fixed.