Trauma [END]

You stand in your room, scared and confused. You look out the window every few minutes to check if someone was after you. The Joker's face was still vivid and you remembered his manic grins and scary smiles. It was as if he was still breathing under your neck. Like he was biting your flesh and you feel goosebumps crawl through your whole body. You got startled when someone open the door.

"I brought you food." Lex says holding a tray with some food and drinks. He sets it on your desk and walks your way. Your hands quivers. "Is everything alright?" He asks as he takes your palms tracing the lines of it then looks back at you.

"I don't know. I'm always scared that he will come back and finish me off." You reply taking back you hand from him while clenching it. You bites the inside of your cheek then finally look at Lex for the first time in days.

"He won't come back." He assures and pulled your waist so you were closer to him. "I promise you that." He then kisses both you temples and then your nose. You felt warm and cozy and somehow you wanted to fall into his arms and let him hold you there for a long time.

"If he would, would you be the one to save me?" You asked, brows furrowed looking up at him and waited for his response.

"Yes. I will be your knight in shining armor." You giggle and snuggle into the crook of his neck smelling the cologne he always wear before work. "And this time no secrets. I'll tell you everything that I have been up to."