Chance

Weeks had gone by and the bruise on your cheek had fade away. But something hasn't fade away. You love and hate on Bruce. He hasn't showed up to you ever since that day he accidentally slapped you and it seems he hadn't showed up in Gotham.

You are quietly reading the article that is on the unedited magazine. You were back to work and it feels like forever. Your mom had scolded you because you hadn't been back for a week and for next months magazine is still not ready but you're working hard on it.

"Good morning Ms. y/l/n, there is someone willing to talk to you. He's down stairs, at the lobby." You assistant Millicent informs as you look up. It's Lex, you thought. You nod at her and stood up from your seat. You fixed your pencil skirt in place and tucked your hair behind your ear.

You walk to the elevator and kinda excited to see Lex. When you walk down you saw someone sitting on the waiting table. You knew it wasn't Lex. It had to be Bruce.

He turns and saw you. You froze on your tracks as he stands up and faces you.

"Y/n." He replies. He looked absolutely handsome than ever. You missed him but does he miss you?

"Bruce." You say as he walks to you and hugs you. You kinda backed away and he noticed so he cuts the embrace.

"It's been long Bruce." You say with no emotion.

"I know," He replies as you took a seat on the chair that was parallel to his. "I'm really sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry about, I mean it was my fault right." He silenced. You didn't know how to talk to him anymore.

"Are we off?" He ask a little bit confusion on his eyes.

"It seems like it." You pursed you lip as you look away to the distance.

"Do you want to talk?"

"Can we? I'm scared what you are about to do next." You reply your eyes tearing up.

"You know I didn't mean to. I was clouded by my own judgment."

"You always do." You say standing up. "What do you want?"

"I want to talk to you. Give me a chance. I'll explain to you." You sigh in defeat as you nod to him. You walk away as as his eyes followed you until your eyes met one last time when you got in the elevator.