Goodbye [ALTERNATE ENDING]

(PLAY THE VIDEO WHEN YOU ARE ALMOST AT THE END)

Before I get into this alternate ending, I would like to thank JennaWayne_Batmom for suggesting an idea for the epilogue. Thanks to her I get to write this. Go check her profile out and give her a follow. She deserves it ❤

Enjoy!

Y/N stands at the edge of the building of LexCorp. The wind meets her face making her hair dance along with it. It was funny how she never stripped on making her way up here. It was as if it was all natural to her. Her legs failed to betray her. The sight of Metropolis under her was gorgeous. Lights were flashing underneath. Streets were busy because it was rush hour. And then she looks to the sky. She sees a never ending sparkling abyss of stars.

Then she turns to face the city that was across the ocean. Gotham. It was a hellhole. A place she doesn't want to go back to but she watches Metropolis and sees a much bigger horror in it. A flying god and a secretive husband was all too much for her. She sighs deeply unsure of what to do next.

The voice behind Y/N shakes her in her position. Y/N knew him well enough to recognize who the voice belonged to. She turns to meet him. His smile was weak and his hands were tucked inside the pockets of his black pants. He looked at her noting her every move.

"Why are you up here?" He asks, looking all around the top of the building. It was plain, wires and machines were at the top. They hum low in the background never enough to disturb the two. Lex knew those machines better than Y/N could ever learn, not that she even intends to.

Y/N gets down from the small ledge, the heels of her boots clicking with her every step. She didn't close the distance between her and Lex. They were perfectly safe in their own small bubble. "I don't know. Maybe thinking about my wrong decisions." She says. She didn't dare to look into his eyes that were somehow burning her figure.

"What are those decisions that you say are not beneficial for you?" He pushes and walks in circles all the while twitching his hands. A mannerism Y/N could never be used to.

"Most of all," she pauses. "Marrying you was the worst." He stops completely. His back facing Y/N. She can feel his anger piercing though her skin. It was almost as frightening as the day she was kidnapped by the Joker. Lex is very unpredictable, such as this time; Y/N doesn't know what he is about to do. Lex is a genius and a mad one. He will destroy anyone that would not bid by his verdict even if it would be his own wife.

"Let's talk about it? I am really not in the mood for fighting right now, Y/N." He says while his voice low and quivery. "Let's go home. Please." Y/N is almost amused to hear him beg but she didn't take advantage of this. She never does. He's still her husband and she loved him once.

"Sure." She says in a low tone. Her eyes fly to his as she closes the distance between them. She picks up his hands and squeezed it, giving him an assuring smile. "We'll talk about it. And I hope you aren't disappointed with what I want." She lets go of his hand while she moves her way out of the building.

She never rode in the same car Lex did. Y/N couldn't standing a bleeding second beside him. She parked at the bottom level of LexCorp. Her hand grip the steering wheel tightly that her knuckles turned white. Her other hand held her phone. She looks at the last message Bruce sent. She never realized until now that she had this immaculate love for him. She wants him right now. She misses his skin. She misses his touch. His lips. His face. Everything about him she missed.

"Fuck it." She mumbles pressing the call button. It rings only twice. Bruce never fails to pick up when it was her calling.

"Y/N." His voice was like a sweet bliss for her. She licks her lips before speaking.