What is love?

(Baby don't hurt me 😂 JK)

You never came back up the stairs again after that small encounter with the Bat—Bruce. You sat straight on the kitchen stool while looking out to the window, staring deeply into no place in particular. There was nothing but silence that covered the whole place. It rained a couple of hours ago and the green grass were wet with a mixture of morning and rain dew. Bruce kissed you last night, you didn't know if it was considered cheating. But it probably IS cheating. When you are married, kissing someone on the lips is considered being unfaithful to your husband.

That was the other thing in your mind. You knew you were wrong for letting him do that but you were weak. You were a coward. You couldn't stop him from doing something you don't want, do you?

Your heart was sore and you can't keep your mind straight. One moment you see Bruce and then it was a blur then it was Lex. You asked yourself, what you were really thinking. But your thoughts and decisions to made are unclear.

"y/n?" Lex called from upstairs, his voice deep and groggy. He just woke up. "Are you down there?" He called again and you could here his footsteps on the wooden stairs. You had your back at the archway where beside it was the stairs. You feel him making his way to you then, his warm fingertips find your waist. He gripped it tightly.

"Morning, why you up so early? I thought you didn't have works on Wednesdays." He quickly say, making hit hot breaths hit the back of your neck.

"Decided I needed some change. Probably need to wake up early more often." You briskly stated. He chuckled lightly and run his lips through your soft neck. It didn't feel anything. No fireworks, no butterfly. Not like when you kissed Bruce last night.     

"Wanna eat breakfast at the dinner?" He asks while slipping both his hands to your waists. You felt a tingle in you guts—no not romantic but disgust. What was going inside your head, you were not certain. He kisses you cheek and spins you around gently to look at him. He notices the look on you face. Then he turns his lips into a soft frown.

"Are you okay y/n?" You smile, a fake smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You reply to dismiss the subject and hopped out of his grip. You felt relief when his hands were not in you anymore.

"Are you sure?" He asks again making a confused face. You nod lightly and made your way upstairs. It was time to take a bath. Lex followed you. When you were halfway up the slippery steps, Lex caught a grab of your wrist. He swiftly spun you around. "Then I guess I'll have to go with you." He says seductively. But you never smiled or you never feel turned on.

"Not now Lex." You say and struggled out of his grip. When you were finally free from him, you immediately climb up and went to the bathroom with trembling knees. You locked it behind you and started running the water on the bathtub.

"Y/n, open up. I want to talk." Says Lex's firm voice from the other side of the door.

"What is there to talk about?" You asked stubbornly and strip from your robes and underwear. "I don't know. You've been pretty distant." He replies as you dip yourself to the warm water.

You kept quiet, hoping he would go away and he did. "I'll give you some time.I'll get going now, I have a lot of things to do in work." See, that was it. Work. He did so much work you became distant. No, that wasn't. You faked your feeling. That made you marry him and now you are tired of him.

You kept quiet still and hear his footsteps clicking until it wasn't to be heard anymore. You relaxed on the warm tub and you didn't even realize that you were asleep. A knock on the door startled you. "I'll be going now y/n. See you this evening." He says softly then walks away without any other word.

When you hear the door bangs downstairs, you finally clean yourself with your jasmine liquid soap and your mint shampoo. When you were done, you get out of the tub and dried yourself. You head to yours and Lex's room and start to look for something to wear in your closet when you heard the buzz of your phone. You ran to your phone and looked at the text you received. It was from a unknown number.

Meet me Downtown Gotham in an hour.

It was from Bruce, was it? You were confused though, he didn't put in specific where you were meeting.

At The Bar.

He added and then you quickly changed into one of your nice clothes. However, you were mussed because why would Bruce in Downtown Gotham and why inside a bar. If he wanted to talk, it shouldn't be more public.

Anyway, you drove your car to your mother's house where you asked for an heli ride to Gotham. You were currently in Metropolis and riding the boat doesn't make you feel the best any slightest.

When you get out of the helicopter, you didn't call for a ride, but you get inside a cab. You can't risk Lex knowing you were seeing Bruce. "Here you are, The Bar." The driver says as you reached for a twenty dollar bill.

"Keep the change." You say handing him the money and get out of the car to be faced by a very dark and weird looking bar.

You get inside where creepy people where and staring at you but you can't find Bruce.

"Looking for someone?"