|| O N E ||

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

I'm roused from my slumber by a tapping sound coming from my window. I look at the clock beside my bed.

2:45 am

The red blinking light flashed every other second.

Red.

Dark.

Red.

Dark.

I sat up on my bed, placing my feet on the floor. It was cold to touch. I looked down at myself and realized I had fallen asleep in my clothes again.

Great.

I wrapped a blanket around myself as I went to look at the window.

Every time my clock flashed red I saw the shadow of a man. Piercing yellow eyes were burning holes into me as the room returned to darkness.

I widened my eyes slightly at the figure. It held its hand out to me. I shook my head and took a step back, too astonished and frightened to choke any words out.

As if by magic, my window flew open and I was engulfed in a hurricane of wind. The blanket dropped from my shoulders and I blocked the wind from my face.

Whispers surrounded me and filled the room, making my head spin. I see a dark flash out of the corner of my eye. I spun around to look for it, but there was nothing there other than the whistling sound.

I see the dark flash again and again. I end up spinning in circles trying to find the mysterious, black, flying object.

Suddenly, the wind stopped, everything went silent. About a minute of this had passed before something grabbed me by the shoulders and yanked me into the air.

My scream pierced through the silence of the still sleeping town. I grab the sides of my window frame, trying to somewhat get away from the monster.

I notice my bow and quiver right next to my window. I grab both those things then get shot into the air, trailing behind the black figure.

I take an arrow and pull it back, Aiming it at the flying shadow. The arrow goes straight through it. I widened my eyes and pushed my hand out and it went right through the shadows arm.

It's head whipped around and looked into my soul with its frightening yellow eyes.

"Don't do that."

Its voice was very choppy, and the sound was like rusty nails scraping against concrete.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask, not expecting an answer.

"Somewhere you never have to worry."

I almost regret asking anything because its voice made me cringe. It cut out on almost every vowel in the sentence, which made it very hard to understand.

I noticed we were flying into a star. But in the blink of an eye, we were magically transported to another land. It was still dark, but you could see that there was an island surrounded by beautiful crystal blue water. The island was covered in greens and brushes with pale, sandy beaches that were outlining the lagoon that carved a circle in the edge of the island.

The shadow flew down at an incredible speed towards this mysterious island.

"You're going to hit the sand!" I exclaim.

The shadow stops and gives me whiplash, hurting my neck.

It drops me on the sand, looking at me with those menacing yellow eyes before flying into the clouds and disappearing forever.

I look around my surroundings. Dread filled my chest, rocks of anxiety and fear pooled at the bottom of my stomach.

I took a quick breath, taking in my surroundings. I started walking along the beach, looking for any cracks or holes that might lead into a cave.

Finally I found one and crawled inside. The entrance was covered by ivy and completely concealed from the strange outside world.

With shaky breaths I laid my head down on my arm and listened to the sounds of the waves lapping at the shore.

Slowly my eyelids became like stones and I fell into a light sleep.

Heya Oncers! Hope you liked the first chapter of my first Peter Pan book! Deciding wether to make it a xreader or just a fanfic. Comment what you think!

Vote it up! 💋