|| EIGHTEEN ||

I gasped and struggled for breath. I aimlessly grabbed onto nothing as the weight of something was pulling me down. I looked below me and saw a vine wrapping around my leg, pulling me down fast.

I was running out of air, now is a better time than ever to scream. Air bubbles left my mouth, I could hear my scream echo on the small lagoons walls. I reached down and tried to untie the vine. My attempts were unsuccessful. My chest tightened and my head got light. My eyes began to drift closed.

Peter Pans POV
"Y/n?" I called to the mountain tops. My magic had led me to here for some reason. I looked around the dark starry night sky. The cool Neverland breeze ruffled my hair.
Something caught my eye. Slight motion behind the Ivy wall. I walked over and saw my shadow, floating by the pool of water.

"What the bloody hell are you doing here?" I asked it. The shadow turned to face me and then disappeared. I looked towards the pool and saw many bubbles forming at the top. I walked over to the side and looked down. I caught a glimpse of y/n's squirming body as something dragged her down. My eyes widened and I dove off the side of the pool and into the water. I swam down quickly, her body was already limp. I reached her feet and untied vines. I wrapped my arms around her and then launched myself up. We surfaced out of the water and I carried the limp girl in my arms. I laid her down on the ground gently and moved her wet hair from her face. I bent Down to her face and put my cheek near her nose. I felt nothing.

"Shit." I mumbled. I pinched her nose closed and connected our mouths. I blew air into her lungs twice and then moved to her stomach. I pumped her stomach where her diaphragm would be. I then returned to her mouth, doing the same motion. Pinching her nose then blowing into her mouth.

I repeated this process three times.
"Come on, come back. Please come back." I uttered under my breath. I went down to touch her lips once again but then she started to move. I helped her roll to her side as she coughed up water. I rubbed small circles on her back and patted it lightly. She finished coughing the water out of her lungs and she gasped for breath. She rolled onto her back  and looked up at me with her e/c eyes.
"Did you..?" She said weakly with a small cough.

"Shh." I hushed her. I picked her up in my arms bridal style and stood up slowly. I looked down at her. She looked like she was in pain. I frowned softly. I teleported us back to her tree fortress. I laid her down in her hammock bed gently. I waved my hand over her body and her clothes were now dry, her body should be feeling better. She seemed to perk up. She sat up in her hammock and groaned.
"What... how did I get here?" She asked.

"I brought you here. What happened? Did the shadow do that to you?" I asked her, walking over to her hammock and kneeling on the floor. She seemed confused and kept holding her head.
"Here." I said to her gently. She looked at me and watched every move I made. I slowly crept my hand out and placed it on her head. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. She reopened her eyes and smiled.
"Thanks," She said sheepishly.

I nodded and sat back on the floor. She looked down at me. "I needed to get away after what Balefire had said and did, then the second I turn my back the shadow pushes me into a pool of water and tries to drown me."

I nodded. "Why didn't you get out yourself?" I asked. She had magic after all, why didn't she use it? Was it really that foreign to her? Although I don't have much room to talk, I've been using it for over a thousand years probably more. I looked back up at y/n and she looked deep in thought.

"I didn't think about it. I guess I'm just not used to it being there for me yet." She admitted.

"Then that settles it. I'm not having you almost drown on me again. I'm going to start training you. Starting tomorrow." While talking I rose to my feet. I now stood above her, my arms crossed over my chest and weight shifted into my left foot. She tilted her head at me. "You are?" She asked.

I simply nodded. "But for now, you need to sleep. Because tomorrow you'll work harder than ever."

She gave me a look of confusion. She chuckled, "sounds exhilarating." I mustered up a laugh. A real laugh and smile for once. She seemed to notice this too because a small smile formed across her perfect lips

"Is Peter Pan smiling?" She questioned.
I shook my head. "Get some sleep."

I teleported myself out of her hut and back into mine. I pace the floor stroking my chin. Why was this girl getting into my head? It feels like I can't get away, I can't stay away. I told myself I wouldn't get like this but she was like a magnet. I needed to get her training going and fast. Then, use her magic to turn back my clock.

I need to live longer and her life is how I'm going to do it.

AHHHHH 70K READS IM SCREAMING THANK YOU