|| THREE ||

Your POV

I decided to turn and follow the people. As much as my brain was telling me to turn and get my butt out of here, they had to have a camp somewhere.

I trailed silently behind them, not even the leaves crunching beneath my feet. The boy in the back was the one who caught my arrow.

How was he able to do that? That's humanly impossible. I was afraid of him to say the least.

I finally found the entrance to their campsite. I allowed them to go in before climbing into a tree and looking over the campsite. I look over all the tents and huts inside the area.

Time to make my move.

I jump down into the campsite and sneak into the shadowy edges.

When I was younger I was a thief as a child.

I stole from groceries stores, libraries, purses, and even a credit card once.

The authorities blamed it on the fact that I was an orphan. The fact that I was homeless. So they put me in the foster system. I was put into 12 homes, and sent back by all of them. I was never wanted, never treated with love or care from a family.

I Never knew what it was like to wake up to the smell of bacon.

Just the sound of screaming children.

I snuck around and slid into a hut. I look in the cot and see the boy who caught my arrow. I slowly walk to the nightstand near his cot.

I watched him the entire time, as if he was going to wake from his slumber and attack me.

I opened the drawer and and start rummaging through it. Nothing. I move on to the next one and find a small bottle of some liquid. the color was a deep purple chrome that shifted and morphed as I moved the bottle around. It looked valuable, so I took it.

There were a few other things but I ignored them. I noticed the book on the table. I debated in wether or not to take it. I took it anyways, tucking it under my arm.

By the end of my raid I now had some chicken, a pair of shoes, a coat, the book and the weird liquid thing. I took off into the trees, looking for the perfect place for my campsite.

***

Peters POV

The morning was filled with complaints and arguments.

"Everybody shut your traps!" I yell over the commotion. Everything goes silent.

"What's with all the bloody commotion?" I asked.

Everyone started talking at once.

"One at a time!" I snarl. A boy stepped forward.

"I've got a pair of shoes missing."

"Some chicken from last night is gone too."

"And one of my cloaks are missing."

I turn around to face Felix.

This was weird. Missing items? Especially one of Felix's cloaks. That would be hard to steal. Who could have done this?

"I need some time to think about it, everyone go about normal routines. And if anybody stole them step up now or far worse consequences are in your future."

With that I marched back into my hut. That's when I realize how much of a mess it is. I notice the drawers on my bedside table are open and have been shuffled through.

I flick my wrist and magic swirls and reveals footprints within the last 24 hours that aren't mine.

And there are foot prints.

The exact same ones as on the beach.

I have a feeling this girl is more trouble that I thought she would be.

***
Chapter 3 is up! Give it a vote and comment!
Hope you enjoyed!! 💋