|| TWELVE ||

I feel like I've accomplished something by updating :')

After a whole day to myself, I laid on what was meant to be the floor of my tree hut, but that's all it was. I hadn't finished building it yet. Felix had brought me some nails and showed me the best place to get some wood for my hut near the ship wreckage. I had gotten a spare cot from him as well, but I still choose the floor.

The stars here were so beautiful. I stared happily up at the sky as the humid air mixed with the cool ocean breeze dance over me. The calming sounds of the waterfall directly behind me almost made me fall asleep, until I heard a rustle in the bushes.

"Who's there?" I asked, shooting up into the sitting position. I grabbed my bow and knocked an arrow.

"Ay, Love. No need to get so aggressive."

"Killian?" A smile came across my face as the one handed pirate stepped into the moonlight. A small smile plastered across his scruffy face.

I jumped down from my hut and ran over to him. I gave Killian a hug and he wrapped his good hand around me.

We separated and I looked up at him slightly. "What are you doing here?" I asked, tilting my head lightly.

"Ah, that's what I came to talk to you about. Let's sit, darling." I nodded and climbed up the tree to the small platform I had built. I helped Killian up the tree and he landed on the planks with a huff. We sat on my tree platform and talked. I told him about me getting here, and the shadow, and my new found powers. Being locked in a cage, the whole shabang. He listened to every word I said. That's what I loved about him. He was always a great listener.

"You need to be careful if that pan. He's a little demon that boy." Killian spoke out as soon as I was done talking.

I tilted my head at him. "What do you mean? Well, he can be a little bit of an ass sometimes but what has he done to you?"

"Question is what hasn't he done. We've been at war for longer than I can even remember. It's been a thing since both of us were lads."

"Both? But he's not much older than me." I added.

"Yes, but he has lived in Neverland for a very long time. He's old at heart but the magic of Neverland allowed him to never age. He's a little snake. Wrap you around his finger then squeeze you till you're dead. I wouldn't trust him. I care about you too much to let you fall into his clutches."

I smiled. I took into consideration everything Killian just told me. Yes, pan had been a "demon" when I first came, licking me in a cage, taking my valuables and prying information out of me, but he let me go. If he was such a demon why'd he let me go. I bet he plays that trick on all the ladies. I said sarcastically, with an eyeroll.

Killian chuckled. "Something on your mind, sassafras?" He mused.

I laughed, I hadn't realized I made it so obvious. "I'm just confused. He was so cruel to me when I first came, then he just let me go. Let me sleep in a tent, gave me food, he even gave me this place here to help me build my own hut separate from the boys. If he's so bad why did he suddenly change his mind."

A small, mischievous smile spread across his face. "You've gotten under his skin. You're a threat to him somehow so he wants you on his side. Y/n, listen to me carefully. Gain his trust, but don't trust in him. You can use this to your advantage."

I thought about the idea. Could I use it to my advantage? Could I gain the trust of Peter Pan and use it for my own personal gain?

I looked up at Killian and smiled. "I'll do it."

Killian smiled "Atta girl." He gave me a firm pat on the back before jumping off my tree.
"I'll come see you again sometime soon."

I nodded and waved a farewell to Killian as he  disappeared into the brush and trees. I got up and laid in to cot and stared up at the stars one last time before drifting into a peaceful sleep.