|| SEVENTEEN ||

Killian's POV

I watched y/n through the magic ring that she wore on her finger. Thankfully for me she hasn't lost it yet.

I was down in my cabin just after Balefire loaded the lost boys boat. The enchanted orb showed the images that was happening around y/n. She was in a clearing with Pan. It looked like he was teaching her. He walked in a circle around her and threw rocks at her.
"Damn bloody demon." I muttered under my breath, taking a long swig of the rum flask and slamming it back on the table.

Finally they had managed to walk away from the clearing and back towards the beach. Peter Pan stuck an arm out and blocked y/n from moving. They crouched down into a bush.
"What are we doing?" Y/n asked.
"Watching." Pan replied.

I watched the scenario unfold in front of me. I smirked as I watched what happened and finally, y/n had met Balefire. I knew she would like he boy. Hell I had grown fond of him, but the lad was a mess. He will find a good home with those boys.

I rose from my chair and walked up deck. "Mr Smee!" I yelled into the deserted ship. The small, tubby man with the red hat stumbled in front of me. "Yes Cap'n?" He asked.
"Set a course to the far side of Neverland. It's time to pay another visit to my an old friend."

Your POV
I had gotten Balefire settled into his living space for the night and stayed with him until he fell asleep. I felt like a mother surrounded by her teenage boys. I left the tent, closing the flap behind me. I stuck my hands in my pockets and continued to walk through camp until I got to the clearing. I watched the dim fire glow and crackle. I walked over and sat down next to it my legs criss-crossed, the warm heat on my face. I recalled the last time I had felt fire that close to my face and that was when my hand was on fire. I brought both my hands up and rested both my elbows on my knees.

I looked at the ring on my finger for a quick second and then at the fire behind then. "This whole powers thing has to be some kind of joke." I muttered to myself. I just got lucky earlier when Pam shot an arrow at me. I closed my eyes and took Felix's advice. I took a deep breath and tried to recreate the feeling.
I can't tell you where it started but I felt the blood pumping in my arms and tingling. A small woosh caused me to open my eyes. Both of my hands were on fire.

This time felt different. I wasn't scared or panicked, I just rotated both of my hands and examined the flame. I closed my fists gently and then looked at the fire pit in front of me. I flipped my hands around to where I was looking at the backs of my hands. I opened my fists and pushed my arms slightly towards the fire. The flame transferred from my hands to the wood in the fire pit and it burst into a roaring flame.

"You have magic?"

My head snapped to the right and there stood Balefire, his face showed great concern and slight disgust. I sighed a little in relief.
"Balefire what are you doing awake?" I stood up while talking and took a step towards him.

"Stay back!" He half shouted. I was taken aback by his sudden burst of anger. My eyebrows were raised and I put my hand out.
"Hey, What is it?" I tried taking a step forward. I could see Balefire panic as he reached for a sword and pulled it out of a small wrapping barrel. "I said stay back!" He yelled. After that boys were now filing out of their tents to watch the scene unfold.

My hand was extended out to Balefire and he was roughly five feet from me, three of which was covered by his arm length and the sword.
Felix came out of his tent. "Y/n!" He called out to me. I held my other hand out to him and looked in his direction. "Stay there." Felix wanted to disobey me but he stayed still, his feet unable to move. He looked down at his feet then at me, worry laced in his expression.

I looked back at Balefire. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest and I looked into his fearful eyes. "Bae... listen to me. Put the sword down." I said gently, trying to take a step towards him.

"No!" He yelled angrily. "No matter where I go I'm surrounded by magic!" He yelled. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Pan Emerge from the tree line. His eyes widened at the scene before him.
"Magic tore apart my family and everything I loved! I won't- I can't-" He stammered, taking in heavy breaths of air.
"Balefire, please calm down." My whole body was shaking as I reached for the end of the sword blade. I had barley touched it when Balefire exploded. He yelled and brought he sword back and then down with full force. But instead of getting hit with a cold, hard blade I got showered on by dust.

Confused, I lifted my head and then over to Pan. He nodded to his boys and they all at once jumped on top of Balefire. Pan jogged over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders, spinning me around to face him. "Are you Alright?" He questioned, seeming to be genuinely concerned. I took a deep breath and relaxed all the muscles in my body. I nodded. "Yes, I'm alright."

He seemed to sigh in relief and pulled me into a quick hug. I was too surprised and didn't have enough time to react and hug back before he pulled away from me and walked over to the boys who now had Balefire by both his arms.
"Throw him in a cage." He commanded. Felix walked over to Pan and said something to him before walking over to me.
"You okay?" He asked me. I simply nodded. "I'm sorry I- I don't know what I did. To your feet I mean." I stammered. I looked down at my hands.

"Hey, it's okay. It's not-"
"No, it's not okay." I'm interrupted him. I stepped away from Felix and took off running through the woods. People called after me but I ignored them. I finally stopped at my hut and took deep breaths. I thought about where I could go. The waterfall. And as if by, you guess it, Magic, I wasn't leaning on my hut anymore as I stumbled around the mountain top that the waterfall was on. I walked slowly towards the ivy and pulled it back. I looked down into the water and sat down by the edge. I stuck my finger in and swirled it around, creating small ripples in the small lagoon. I watched the water and my eyes trailed to the waterfall. I watched the water glisten in the moonlight.

An odd shape formed in the reflection of the waterfall. I narrowed my eyes and tilted my head at it. I realized what it was and raised my eyebrows in alarm. I whipped my body around and for a second, I got a glimpse of Pans shadow before he pushed me into the pool of water.