5. know you better

With the sun now setting far off the sky has a pink and orange glow to it. After the last two days filled with rain I guess nature is gifting us with the most beautiful sunset. It makes me relax a little more even as we pull into the driveway of the unfamiliar house. It's quite large—two floors, at least, a wrap around porch and freshly painted blue shutters. Harry pulls beside another car, shutting off the car and climbing out just as I undid my buckle. Before I can even open the door he's at my side, opening it for me. The smile he shoots me has my heart palpitating.

An electric shock passes through my body when he takes my hand, guiding me to the walkway leading around the house to the backyard.

The car ride over here was a little tense, naturally. Things between us seemed to lighten up as he told me more about his childhood, making me laugh so hard my stomach cramped. Hearing about his Star Wars and Jurassic Park obsession was so innocent but hilarious. From what I've gathered he had a very supportive upbringing—going to the best private schools, playing sports and even graduating top in his class at university.

The backyard overlooks a large field growing cornstalks. It's in a more rural area of town and it surprises me because I don't necessarily get this vibe from Harry. He seems more like a city dweller and I'd expect his friends to be too. From first glance I see four or five people standing around and chatting. There's some acoustic music playing from a stereo but it's faint and the chatter and laughter overlaps it.

Harry's fingers are still laced with mine as he leads me towards the group of people. I recognize his sister right away and her eyes widen, lips parting as if gasping, when she sees me.

"Hey flower girl!"

"Really, Gemma?" Harry scoffed, rolling his eyes but I don't mind. She doesn't seem to have meant harm by calling me flower girl. Plus, I've been called much worse. She shakes my hand and pokes her tongue out at her brother a little childishly, but it's cute.

"Hi, I'm Gemma." She introduced herself.

"Diana," I replied nervously.

"Nice to meet you," she glanced over at her brother, quirking an eyebrow as if they had some unspoken language. I try not to think too hard about it and my thoughts are interrupted when a loud voice cuts through my 'you too' response.

"Harry!" A seemingly drunken blonde bursts through and grabs Harry from me, nearly jumping on top of him. "It's so good to see you, mate."

"I saw you last week, Niall," Harry grumbled, patting his back.

Niall pulled away and smirked at Harry, reaching up and pinching his cheek. "Can't get enough of you. Who's the lady?" His hazel eyes flicking over me.

"Niall, this is Diana. Diana, Niall. He was my roommate in college," Harry explained casually.

Niall smiled, "nice to meet ya, Diana. Harry hasn't had a girl in ages—" Gemma slaps Niall and rolls her eyes at him before mentioning she was going to find Gregory. Niall shrugs as if he isn't in pain but I can only imagine the bruise he'll have.

"They're crazy," Harry murmured. "Come on, I want you to meet Liam."

We head inside despite the party seemingly being outside. Inside, however, there is a tall guy with light brown locks and soft cheeks. Beside him a girl with short blonde hair stands, drinking from a water bottle. Her blue eyes gaze over Harry and I as a smile tugs at her lips. "Hey there."

"Hey, uh," Liam turns around and freezes, his reaction similar to Gemma's but he didn't rush up to me with open arms. "Hi, you must be Diana."