15. wildflower

🌻

The smell of freshly cut grass mixes with the faintest smell of fresh rain. As I roll over, arms and legs stretch, my eyes open and I automatically realize I'm not in my bed. I sit up, pulling the navy blue blanket up to my bare chest. Last night comes back to me in hot flashes and soft moans echoing throughout my head. At my side, the curly haired man is sound asleep, sleeping on his stomach but from what I can tell he's naked, too.

After showing Harry the 'secret' stars in the flower shop, we went back to his place. We didn't sleep much last night, and now that I'm really thinking back to it all, we did things I never saw myself doing. I slip out from under the sheets and my feet meet the cold hardwood floor. For the most part, his room is well-kept. I know that being a guest somewhere can make you more organized, but I can tell Harry's just naturally put together. It's odd walking through a room and not seeing at least one baby toy. Maybe that's because I'm surrounded by them all day long.

As I rummage around the room trying to gather my clothes, I hear the shuffling of the sheets behind me. When I stand up straight and turn around, Harry is laying on his back, arms folded behind his head, staring back at me with a devilish grin on his face.

"Leaving me so soon?" he smirks.

I playfully roll my eyes. "As much as I'd love to stay, I've got to go pick up my daughter."

Harry sits up, the comforter covering his lap as he pats the seat beside him. "At least stay for a couple more minutes," he whines lowly, his voice groggy from sleep.

"You're an awful influence, Styles."

I sit beside him and lean forward, pressing my lips to his but before our kiss can get too deep, he has me pinned down to the bed, his knees at either side of my hips. That devilish grin he had on his face moments ago is back, but this time I'm sucked into his emerald eyes. Harry pushes his forehead against mine; one of his hands on my waist, the other holding my warm cheek.

"Good morning, petal," he hums.

Harry tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and kisses the air out of my lungs. As our kisses fade, I notice him pulling back, keeping to his promise for holding keeping me for a few minutes longer. I sit up and climb off the bed, again, grabbing my clothes and beginning to put them on. Once I'm dressed, I turn around to face him one last time.

"I'll text you when Eliana and I go to the park... if you're still up for joining us," I mention, cautious not to push it too far.

He nods, smiling even. "I'll see you soon."

* * *

Walking up the porch to my parent's house as the most nerve-wracking thing I've done in ages. Part of me expects my mother to lose her cool and I wouldn't entirely blame her. Lately I've been putting my love life first before anything else, as much as I hate to admit it. But inside, Eliana is sat at he highchair, nibbling on some raspberries. Her eyes light up the moment she sees me, her smile igniting my heart. "Hi, baby," I coo.

"Mommy! Hi, mama," Eliana giggles.

I lift her out of her chair, cautious not to spill the berries, and pull her into a warm, tight hug. "I've missed you, pretty girl," I nibble on her luscious cheeks. "I'll never leave you again for that long, I promise."

Just as I kiss her nose, my mom walks in with a weak smile, holding a few of Eliana's things. I accept the baby bag from her, getting the sense that her lecture is inevitable. Surprisingly though, she kisses Eliana goodbye and walks past without one word spoke to me.