14. package deal

🌺

       Growing up, I didn't really do anything illegal. The only illegal thing I did was drink, and while that felt wild in the moment, nothing compared to the things on the TV. Behind Harry's emerald eyes, there are stories that I hope he'll tell me one day; stories like the one where he went streaking, drunk. Even though we are different in many ways, I think we both crave something new.

I push open the flower shop backdoor, knowing that there is no alarm set on this door—only the door in the front. Even if I were to put the passcode in before it started to screech 'intruder', it'd send a message to my mother instantly, and while she knows I'm out on a date, this isn't the place she would expect us to go.

Harry follows behind me, holding the blanket I gave him that was stuffed in my car trunk. It continues to pour outside, and there are minimal breaks between the rolling thunder and lightning. When I turn around, I notice him looking at me. Even in the faintest glow of the moon peaking out from the thick clouds and through the large windows, I notice he looks a little confused.

I grab his hand, fingers lacing. "I promise," I begin, "it's beautiful. But you have to keep your eyes closed."

I guide him through the isles of overgrown vines and blossoming flowers. The smell of soil is thick in the moist air; grass, various flowers, and the wafts of summer rain that soaks our clothes. With him, I've noticed my senses are always heightened.

The events that unfolded in the back of my car less than an hour ago linger on my skin, and I don't mind when Harry accidently bumps into me when I stop abruptly.  "Blanket, please."

Harry hands me the blanket and I lay it out as best as I can. As I guide him to sit down on it, he chuckles and leans back, one of his strong arms propping him up. "So, what exactly are we here to see?" he asks, eyes remaining shut.

I sit down beside him, finding it hard not to stop myself from looking up. When I lay back, my voice comes out in a soft whisper. "Lay back." He does as I say, cautiously, until his back is down against the blanket. This floor is not the comfiest, but that thought vanishes the moment I tell him to open him eyes. Silence fills the space around us, but the rain patter on the windowsill is a soft harmony mixed with more thunder.

"Wow."

I glance over at him, barely seeing his face in the minimal lighting. The glow of the painted stars above us aren't as enthralling as his expression.

I take his hand in mine again, fingers laced. "My nana used to tell my grandfather how depressing it was working late nights at the flower shop when her mom was sick. She told him the one thing she missed the most was seeing the stars. For her twentieth birthday, he surprised her by painting all her favorite constellations." I look back up at the glowing ceiling—glow in the dark paint used to illuminate a seemingly real sky.

"It's beautiful," Harry says. "It looks real."

"I know," I giggle, moving closer to him. It's a little cold in here, but his warmth wraps around me better than any blanket ever could. I run my other hand up his chest, focusing on the way it rises and falls below my touch.

"What are they like?" he asks randomly. "Your grandparents."

"My nana lives in Spain with her sister now. My grandfather died when I was little," I explain. "I didn't really know him that well, but he used to sit with me for hours talking about flowers. He's basically the reason I love nature."

"I'm sorry," he apologizes lowly.

"It's okay," I whisper. "What about you?"

"My grandparents are old," he chuckles, shaking his head. "We don't talk to them much, but we see them on holidays. My grandmother makes the best apple pie." He wraps his arm under my head and above my shoulders, letting my rest my head on him. I swear when he looks down at me I see the constellations reflecting in his dark eyes. My breath hitches as he ducks down quickly, managing to skillfully roll me onto my back, hovering over me as his lips press to mine.

I'm breathless from the passionate kiss, but as he pulls back my lungs fill up quickly. "Thanks for bringing me here," he begins, cradling my cheek, "it means a lot."

"It's just the stars," I shakily say, thankful that he can't see my flushing cheek.

"You trust me," he whispers. "I have a feeling it's something you rarely do." He attaches his lips to mine, but the loud crack of thunder and lightning breaks us apart. Harry's heavy eyes don't leave mine while his wandering hands gliding through my hair and down my waist.

He pulls me up with him suddenly, both of us sitting on the blanket in the middle of the dark flower shop, with no worry of the outside world. Slowly, he pushes down the straps to my dress, his soft lips on my neck, bound to make marks for me to find tomorrow when I look in the mirror. Now he's trailing kisses over my bare shoulders before his nose glides up my neck suddenly and when I open my eyes he's looking directly back into mine.

"Never thought we'd end up here, hm?" he questions.

I laugh, shaking my head. "Definitely not."

We lay here and talk about life for what feels like however. It's midnight when I realize that I am well overdue to pick up my daughter. Then worry blossoms in my chest as I fumble around to find my phone.

"Hey, petal, what's wrong?" Harry rushes.

I shake my head, quickly standing up. "I need to go. I was supposed to pick Eliana up at ten. It's midnight—"

"I'm sure she's fine," he says, standing up too. We pick up the blanket, but he carries it out to the car with me. It's drizzling now, but it's not the best setting to say goodbye.

Harry tosses the blanket into my trunk then walks back around to front of the car where I hold my phone that had managed to fall down under the driver's seat. Mom didn't call, but she texted me to tell me to pick Eliana up in the morning. I sigh heavily, shaking my head.

Harry leans against the wet car, arms folded over his chest. "Everything's okay?"

I nod and give a weak smile. He pulls me into a hug and his chest feels so warm and homey. I could easily fall asleep against it, as I have only once before when we had sex for the first time.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" he asks.

"Tomorrow I was going to take Eliana to the lake," I admit. "It's supposed to be beautiful weather and she loves the ducks."

"Sounds fun," he chuckles.

"Would you. . .like to come with?" I ask.

Harry's face softens, features looking angelic in the moonlight. Surprisingly, he smiles. "I can't say no to that," he sniggers. "I'll go."

"If you're uncomfortable—"

"It's not uncomfortable," he says. "It's a little unnerving, yes, but I like you, Diana. And I know that you are a package deal."

I smile nervously at him. As much as I want to take him seriously, I can't. It's that ignorance of mine again, putting up walls when they need to be broken down. Harry kisses me passionately, but I'm a skeptic at heart.

* * *
Hello, lovelies. This chapter was fun to write, but I'm even more excited for the next one! The chapters are seemingly getting shorter because I don't want to bore you. Are you enjoying Aurora so far? Is there anything you want to see or know? Are there any songs that make you think of Harry & Diana?  

I won't be updating next weekend because it's my birthday! 🎈I'll try to update the following Tuesday. Stay tuned & don't forget to vote.
Can we get to 70 votes?
🌼🌸🌺