20. bubble bath*

🌸

The humidity has reached it's peak in Faycoast. With thunderstorms rolling in every day, I have no energy to go outside. Since it's been three days since Eliana's trip to the hospital, I've barely left her side. She's better, her sniffles dying down and her mood swings no longer. What taunts me the most about my vulnerability that night is how close I came to calling Austin.

I was desperate and sad enough to call the man who wanted nothing to do with his own child. I'm not sure if that makes me stupid too, but Peter has been too kind to say that and my mom has been avoiding me entirely since I left the flower shop. Eventually, our tension will fizzle out. It always does because at the end of the day her and dad are the only people in my life that are guaranteed to stay.

In the kitchen, Peter is feeding Eliana blueberries and making a mess by doing so. I let them have their fun, too tired to care about the little things right now. As I finish drying the dishes and putting them away, there are a series of knocks on the apartment door. Peter glances up at me, thick brows furrowing.

Unsure of who it is—and expecting a neighbor—I walk quickly to the door, surprised when it's Harry standing on the other side. He smiles, wearing a white button up and a pair of black slacks. He looks like he could've easily just gone for his job interview a few minutes ago. "Hi," I drag out lowly, confused.

"Can I come in?" he questions, narrowing his eyes.

I scratch the back of my neck and sigh, "uh, yeah, sure." The awkwardness between us is palpable, but Harry walks into the apartment anyway, putting his suit jacket on the back of the couch, but he still holds a medium sized white bag in his hand. I hear a familiar happy squeal from Eliana as she calls out his name.

"Hi there, petal," Harry chuckles, crouching down at Eliana puts her arms out to hug him. I fold my arms over my chest, resting against the wall and watching as the two hug. Peter walks in a moment later, exchanging a small hello with Harry before looking towards me. I avoid his eyes, not sure what to expect from him.

"Mama told me you were sick," he tells her, "so I got you something."

"Something?" Eliana questions, shoving her tiny hand into her mouth.

Harry smiles, nodding, putting the bag on the floor for her to lean in and grab the stuffed animal—a bright yellow duck with an orange beak. Eliana squeals, "a duck!"

Everyone chuckles, but I feel this tear in my chest as Harry rises back up and walks over to me. Peter brings Eliana back into the kitchen with her new plushy duck. Harry's hands settle on my hips, his lips grazing my forehead before pressing a soft kiss on the warm skin. "Long week? You had me worried when you texted me yesterday that she was in the hospital."

I shrug, "I didn't really know who to call."

His brows furrow, head tilting to the side as he tries to read me. I avoid his eyes too, looking away from him and contemplating my escape. For the first time since we met, I'd rather not talk. "Hey," he lifts my chin with his fingers. "What's wrong?"

With teary eyes, I'm forced to look at him. I keep my lips sealed as he moves a little closer. The space between us is limited, but I don't feel myself pulling away physically. Not yet, anyway.

"Diana," he whispers. "It's okay."

"It's not," I exhale, tears falling down my cheeks. I lift my hands to wipe them away but Harry gently grabs my face before I can. His thumbs brush away the tears as he walks me backwards, pressing my back to the cold wall as if he knows my knees are so weak I can barely keep myself up. "I was so scared," I cry roughly. "I'm the worst."

"You're not the worst," he coos. "Angel, breathe. Hey, you're not the only parent who's had to go through this. This wasn't your fault."

"Yes, it was."

"No, it wasn't."

He presses his forehead to mine, still holding my face in his large hands. Five days later and I feel total relief under his touch. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, feeling his chest rise and fall against mine as he closes the space between us. "I've missed you so much," he breathes. "I hate coming back to you crying." He kisses the laughter from my lips and the air from my lungs. He moves his lips against my ear and whispers, "can't wait to get you in bed."

* * *

Long after Eliana goes to sleep, Harry and I are in my bathtub. Our arms are wrapped around each other while I'm sitting on his lap and laughing a little too loudly from the wine intoxicating my veins.

This level of intoxication allows me to feel almost everything despite how dazed my mind is. I feel his fingertips pressing into my bum, the way his grip gets tighter whenever I move dangerously close to his member.

"You're so pretty," he whispers against my neck.

I giggle, "so you say."

"You are!" he defends quickly. "If you could see what I could see, baby girl, you'd see a very strong and beautiful woman." I cradle his cheeks with my wet hands, pressing a passionate kiss to his swollen lips. My hands slip around his head and into his hair, his silky curls wrapping around my fingers as I rock my hips forward. Taking it another step forward, Harry cups my breasts in his hands and ducks down to kiss them. I sigh as his tongue meet their centers, teasing the sensitive peak until I'm falling against him.

With a mix of moans and laughter, we make love in this tiny bathtub. Water splashes out as I ride him, gripping his shoulders and sometimes running my hands through his hair. Having his touch makes my skin hot, my desire for him burning even hotter in the way I say his name and moan for him.

Harry carries me to bed with only a towel wrapped around his waist and a towel wrapped around my body. He lays me down, tucks me in and kisses my forehead, whispering something that my fuzzy brain doesn't catch, but it sounded like get some rest, angel. He eventually lays down beside me and I don't hesitate to rest my head on his chest.

"Harry?"

"Hm?"

"How'd the interview go?"

There's a long silence afterwards, but I'm too tired to speak up again. I nestle closer to him and notice his own grip tightening around me too. Finally, he does reply. It isn't the kind of response that incites dreams, but the kind that brings on nightmares. "Don't worry about that right now."

*   *   *
Hello lovelies!! I can't even begin to say how sorry I am for being MIA. I've had the busiest year of my life, I swear. Between college, work and internships, I've had no time at all to write, which is frustrating because it's something that I love to do so much! I have the next few weeks off for winter break, and hopefully I'll be able to catch up on a few chapters of Aurora. I know this chapter was VERY short, but I figured I needed to get it published. The story is nearing the end, sadly. I don't want Harry and Diana's story to end *sobs*.

Anyway, if you're reading this - thank you for being patient and supportive. I'll be updating soon.
comment+vote
🌺🌸🌼