Chapter 17

*Nikolina's POV*

I saw Xavier in a very angry mood walking out of his bedroom and going into the kitchen. He and anger were BEST friends. So seeing him in anger was just a usual thing for me.

It wasn't surprising for others too because he showed anger to anyone who really pissed him off. They wouldn't even dare to, except for me!

I slowly checked what he was doing. He just sat at the table drinking an energy drink. He loved them, and I hated them. I'd rather drink water!

I slowly walked up to his room. I opened the door and saw Skylar resting on the bed in a seated position.

She slowly opened her eyes as she saw me enter. I smiled sweetly and walked up to the bed and sat beside her.

She looked tired, confused and surprised to see me. I totally dint know why Xave thought this poor little girl was a werewolf. He was just stupid!

I kept my hand over her hand and smiled at her. She just stared at me and blinked a few times.

"Hey Sky..", I said with a smile, "don't worry you're safe here. Uh... do you know why Xave got you here?".

"Uh, huh? I don't know anything. I don't know why I'm here, for what I'm here, when I will go back, where am I exactly, and . . .", she thought for a while and said, "nothing."

I wondered what she thought. I hoped that she dint think my brother was some psychopath who got her here suddenly out of nowhere.

"Okay. I'll ask him. I'm sure he has a good reason. He doesn't do anything without one though.", I smiled and said.

"Okay . .", she said sadly looking at her hands, ". . Is he your brother that you were talking about yesterday ?"

"Yup.. he is cool, don't be scared. He is always in a serious and angry mood so chuck him off. I think you should relax for a while till I ask him about whatever happened.", I said getting up.

"Okay.. let me know soon too, because I wanna go back to my mom. She'd be worried about me.", she said with a sad face.

I just nodded with a smile and walked out of the room after closing the door. As soon as I turned around I saw Xave standing with an angry expression.

Uh oh.. I'm in trouble. I should've taken his permission, maybe?

I just smiled with a little scared expression because this was something serious. His mate was in and he was going crazy. Maybe that was how people behave after finding their mates.

"What were you doing inside? "

"Uh.. nothing. She is my friend at college. The ACCA student, studying with Seth and his mate. She's my new friend there."

"How did she fit in the gang of werewolves? I never knew you guys had place for humans in your group.", he snapped.

"We have changed Xave! Why do you always bring up that old topic.. we said we're sorry about whatever happened and it has been more than a year to that incident!", I whined with a frown.

"Okay now stop making that face. I asked how did she get into the group."

"Uh.. she came with Seth. They were childhood besties and she just came back from London."

"With Seth? He now has a mate right?", he asked a bit interested all of a sudden.

"Uh, yeah, why?", I asked confused. Because he never is interested in anyone's life matters, always by himself.