Chapter 22

The main door of the house burst open and I saw mom running inside to the kitchen. I was shocked and my mouth was left open.

Her full dress had little patches of blood and she just ran into the kitchen and started throwing things around. She looked like she was searching for something.

Xaveier quickly ran to her and shouted loudly her, "What happened mum?! Where's dad? I know that's dad's blood!". His voice boomed and was filled with anger and pain.

Me and Xavier both understood that it was dad's blood because we recognised that scent.

We all ran into the kitchen. Mom was searching for something in the top most cupboard in which only first aid items were kept.

She looked terrified. She turned around and her eyes were filled with tears. She looked at Xave and burst out crying and she fell on the ground with her head in her hands.

Xave ran to her. She cried and said said, "Your f-father. That r-rogue near w-woods. N-new male rogue, t-that's unrecognisable. I-It is hiding its s-scent. It attacked me and Nail. N-Nail is so much s-stronger than h-him b-but that b-bastard used s-some kind of chemical gas w-which made me and h-him a bit d-dizzy. He then attacked N-Nail and l-left me."

Is dad dead? No! No chemical gas can ever harm my daddy, I thought as a tears slipped from my eye.

Xave quickly ran outside the house and I followed him fast. We saw dad laying in the backseat of the car drenched in blood.

My mouth was left wide open. Xave quickly opened the door and carried dad into the house. He was still alive. He was breathing.

Logan went and brought the first aid kit and quickly called the pack doctor. He said that he would be here in 5 minutes since he was somewhere nearby doing some work.

We waited and suddenly the doctor came in. He was Jared, our pack doctor, around 38 years old.

He quickly came in and started treating dad.

"Don't worry, his wounds will be fine soon, you need to let him rest for a whole day. Since he is our Alpha, his wounds will recover faster.", Jared said.

Xave kept dad on the bed in the bedroom after the doctor and mom cleaned the wounds and put new clothes for him.

Mom just sat near dad on the bed and kept staring at his calm face. He was fast asleep.

We all walked out of the room. Xavier went out to talk to the other higher members of the pack for a short meeting on putting up guards in the woods to see for any rogue. Logan went with him too since he was the closest to Xave and helped in all serious matters.

I just went up to my room. I was not in a condition to see my father who was very weak, physically, at the moment. I wasn't strong enough at the moment.

I wanted to help somehow. I just wished I had some kind of power in me by which I could make all his wounds disappear and all his pain to just go away in a second.

I layed down on my bed and just closed my eyes. I did not want to be weak. I wanted to be strong at the moment and help my father and the pack.

Tears slipped down my eyes slowly but I did not cry. I just driffted off into a deep sleep which I did not realise.

*Skylar's POV*

It was 4:34 pm in the digital clock on my bedroom wall. I was sitting and going through the notes I had made.

Mom strictly told me that I had to get good marks right from the start. She warned me that if I did not listen to her and get good marks then she wouldn't get me a car for myself.