Chapter 5:Bloodbath

~Jeff P.O.V.~

She was worrying me.She hasn't said a word since we rushed here.
Maybe I scared her?Well,I have to admit that the way this girl changed her mood might have confused her.
But I apologized for what I said!And it wasn't even me the one who made fun of her!
Fuck.I hope she will get better soon.
Uhg,humans...

~Back to reader P.O.V.~

I just kept my gaze on the ground, dumbfounded by this girl's attitude.
Why did she help me?I mean,one moment before she was making fun of me and one moment later she was apologizing for what she said?And what about the weird noises I heard before?It was almost as if someone punched someone else.And the loud thud I heard?Did someone fall on the ground or something?
But again,I was pretty sure there was only me and this girl back in the toilets.
I still don't quite understand her sudden change.
But after what happened,I don't really care.I was humiliated in front of the whole school,even if she was faking her apologies she still helped me.
"Thank you" I said softly while trying to pull out a somewhat decent smile "Thank you for before".
She was quiet for a while.Oh no,did I embarrass her?
I mean pretty much everyone saw her running away with me,now they will all think that she is my friend...what if I just ruined her reputation?
I gritted my teeth and did my best to hold back some tears, when she finally spoke:
"Hey it's fine.You know,I had a problem like yours and I hate seeing some stupid ass brats making fun of people like you".
Wait.
She had a problem like mine?...
She sounded as if she even knew me,but I don't recall seeing her in my classes nor talking to her in first place.
"How about I walk you home so you can put on something clean and rest for the day?"

I thought for a moment as I processes what she just said.

"Oh no." I said out loud as I immediately shot up from the bench
"I just ran away from school" I put both my hands on each side of my head "my mom is going to kill me!And it's just the first day !" I was sobbing again.
Hell,if my mom found out I skipped school she would have killed me.

"Easy there" she said as she patted my back "we can explain her what happened to you and I'm sure she'll understand"
I tensed up as she touched me.I wasn't really used to strangers touching me but again,I was focusing on what she just said...
Yeah,maybe if I...no,if we explained my mom what happened she will forgive me.
I was suddenly hit by another,scarier thought.

Where was Michael?
I think.. I saw him running after the ones who covered me in paint.
"How thoughtful of him" I shook my head slightly.As caring as he would be,he wasn't exactly the fit type.He wasn't plump or anything,he just wasn't that strong and if he started a fight he would more likely end up beaten up.
"No" I said "I won't let it happen" I clenched my fists.
The girl just looked at me confused.
"What are yo-" I didn't even let her finish her sentence as I grabbed her arm and pulled her up with me "We need to get back to school" I said while looking at the direction where we came from "I have to help a friend" I stated firmly

~Jeff P.O.V.~

What did she just say?She wanted to get back to school?Was she nuts??
"I have to help a friend" she said.
I let out a soft chuckle "Geez she sounds like a warrior now" I thought while grinning.
Wait,did she have to help a "friend"?
I rolled my eyes "Uhgggg I know who she is talking about" I thought disgusted "that useless weak coward she considers a friend".Yes I hated him.
Why?Reasons,you don't need to know now.
"We can't get back to school,everyone  saw you running away.If your teachers found out you were sneaking back into your school you would get into serious trouble" I said trying to convince her to get back home.She really needed to rest anyways,we would have cared of her friend later.
"No" she said snapping me out of my thoughts "we will get in by a window." She turned her head towards me with eyes closed "I have to help my friend" she squeezed my arm with a desperate look "please come with me"
I thought about it for a second. Did it mean that we could get into a fight?
I smiled while I started playing with my knife in my pocket "Well now that's interesting" I thought to myself as I then nodded my head at her and started walking back to her school "Ok I'll help you" she seemed to relax a bit at my words.
I stared at her with a blank expression.We would fight against some bullies...as I did years ago.
I'll try to not kill anyone.But I can't promise you anything, (y/n).